What's Your Question?
What Is a Case Study?
When you’re performing research as part of your job or for a school assignment, you’ll probably come across case studies that help you to learn more about the topic at hand. But what is a case study and why are they helpful? Read on to learn all about case studies.
Deep Dive into a Topic
At face value, a case study is a deep dive into a topic. Case studies can be found in many fields, particularly across the social sciences and medicine. When you conduct a case study, you create a body of research based on an inquiry and related data from analysis of a group, individual or controlled research environment.
As a researcher, you can benefit from the analysis of case studies similar to inquiries you’re currently studying. Researchers often rely on case studies to answer questions that basic information and standard diagnostics cannot address.
Study a Pattern
One of the main objectives of a case study is to find a pattern that answers whatever the initial inquiry seeks to find. This might be a question about why college students are prone to certain eating habits or what mental health problems afflict house fire survivors. The researcher then collects data, either through observation or data research, and starts connecting the dots to find underlying behaviors or impacts of the sample group’s behavior.
During the study period, the researcher gathers evidence to back the observed patterns and future claims that’ll be derived from the data. Since case studies are usually presented in the professional environment, it’s not enough to simply have a theory and observational notes to back up a claim. Instead, the researcher must provide evidence to support the body of study and the resulting conclusions.
As the study progresses, the researcher develops a solid case to present to peers or a governing body. Case study presentation is important because it legitimizes the body of research and opens the findings to a broader analysis that may end up drawing a conclusion that’s more true to the data than what one or two researchers might establish. The presentation might be formal or casual, depending on the case study itself.
Once the body of research is established, it’s time to draw conclusions from the case study. As with all social sciences studies, conclusions from one researcher shouldn’t necessarily be taken as gospel, but they’re helpful for advancing the body of knowledge in a given field. For that purpose, they’re an invaluable way of gathering new material and presenting ideas that others in the field can learn from and expand upon.
MORE FROM QUESTIONSANSWERED.NET
Novo Nordisk Business Analyst Interview Questions
Updated Mar 6, 2023
- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- United States - All Cities
- - New Jersey
- - Trenton, NJ Area
- - Princeton, NJ
- - Princeton Junction, Optional[NJ]
- - New York City, NY Area
- - Newark, NJ
- - New York, NY
- - Plainsboro, NJ
- - Jersey City, NJ
- - Andover, NJ
- - Somerset, NJ
- - South River, NJ
- - Piscataway, NJ
- - Monmouth Junction, NJ
- - Elizabeth, NJ
- - Paramus, NJ
- - Lakewood, NJ
- - Paterson, NJ
- - New Brunswick, NJ
- - Dayton, NJ
- - New Hyde Park, NY
- - Philadelphia, PA Area
- - Phila, PA
- - Phoenixville, PA
- - Havertown, PA
- - Philadelphia, PA
- - Cherry Hill, NJ
- - Norristown, PA
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - Orange, CA
- - Huntington Beach, CA
- - Newport Coast, CA
- - Costa Mesa, CA
- - San Diego, CA Area
- - San Diego, CA
- - La Mesa, CA
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Hayward, CA
- - Fremont, CA
- - Fresno, CA Area
- - Fresno, CA
- - Pennsylvania
- - Meadville, PA Area
- - Atlantic, PA
- - Lancaster, PA Area
- - Lancaster, PA
- - Pittsburgh, PA Area
- - Pittsburgh, PA
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Fort Worth, TX
- - Dallas, TX
- - Houston, TX Area
- - Houston, TX
- - College Station, TX Area
- - Huntsville, TX
- - Brownsville, TX Area
- - Brownsville, TX
- - San Antonio, TX Area
- - San Antonio, TX
- - Beaumont, TX Area
- - Beaumont, TX
- - Austin, TX Area
- - Austin, TX
- - Las Vegas, NV Area
- - Las Vegas, NV
- - North Carolina
- - Raleigh-Durham, NC Area
- - Clayton, NC
- - Raleigh, NC
- - Durham, NC
- - Charlotte, NC Area
- - Charlotte, NC
- - New York State
- - Kingston, NY Area
- - Highland, NY
- - Albany, NY Area
- - Albany, NY
- - Tampa, FL Area
- - Tampa, FL
- - Orlando, FL Area
- - Orlando, FL
- - Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL Area
- - Parkland, FL
- - West Palm Beach, FL
- - Lakeland, FL Area
- - Lakeland, FL
- - Naples, FL Area
- - Naples, FL
- - Pensacola, FL Area
- - Pensacola, FL
- - Port St. Lucie, FL Area
- - Port St Lucie, FL
- - Minnesota
- - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN Area
- - Minneapolis, MN
- - Duluth, MN Area
- - Duluth, MN
- - Rochester, MN Area
- - Rochester, MN
- - Toledo, OH Area
- - Toledo, OH
- - Dayton, OH Area
- - Dayton, OH
- - Columbus, OH Area
- - Columbus, OH
- - Des Moines, IA Area
- - Des Moines, IA
- - Washington State
- - Seattle, WA Area
- - Seattle, WA
- - Redmond, WA
- - Mississippi
- - Hattiesburg, MS Area
- - Hattiesburg, MS
- - Jackson, MS Area
- - Jackson, MS
- - Terry, MS
- - Phoenix, AZ Area
- - Phoenix, AZ
- - Columbus, GA Area
- - Columbus, GA
- - Atlanta, GA Area
- - Peachtree City, GA
- - Atlanta, GA
- - Marietta, GA
- - Macon, GA Area
- - Macon, GA
- - Birmingham, AL Area
- - Hoover, AL
- - Decatur, AL Area
- - Decatur, AL
- - Puerto Rico
- - Puerto Rico Area
- - Ponce, PR
- - San Juan, PR
- - Caguas, PR
- - Adjuntas, PR
- - Cabo Rojo, PR
- - Tennessee
- - Nashville, TN Area
- - Franklin, TN
- - Nashville, TN
- - Memphis, TN Area
- - Memphis, TN
- - Johnson City, TN
- - Knoxville, TN Area
- - Knoxville, TN
- - Chattanooga, TN Area
- - Chattanooga, TN
- - Springfield, IL Area
- - Springfield, IL
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Naperville, IL
- - Wheaton, IL
- - Chicago, IL
- - Boise, ID Area
- - Boise, ID
- - Holland, MI Area
- - Holland, MI
- - Detroit, MI Area
- - Detroit, MI
- - Grand Rapids, MI Area
- - Grand Rapids, MI
- - New Hampshire
- - Lebanon, NH Area
- - Enfield, NH
- - Lebanon, NH
- - West Lebanon, NH
- - Claremont, NH Area
- - Grantham, NH
- - New Mexico
- - Albuquerque, NM Area
- - Rio Rancho, NM
- - Corrales, NM
- - Portland, OR Area
- - Tigard, OR
- - Eugene, OR Area
- - Eugene, OR
- - District of Columbia
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Washington, DC
- - Rockville, MD
- - Alexandria, VA
- - Rhode Island
- - Providence, RI Area
- - Providence, RI
- - Louisiana
- - Lafayette, LA Area
- - Lafayette, LA
- - New Orleans, LA Area
- - New Orleans, LA
- - Shreveport, LA Area
- - Shreveport, LA
- - Baton Rouge, LA Area
- - Baton Rouge, LA
- - Wichita, KS Area
- - Wichita, KS
- - South Carolina
- - Myrtle Beach, SC Area
- - Myrtle Beach, SC
- - Oklahoma City, OK Area
- - Yukon, OK
- - Baltimore, MD Area
- - Baltimore, MD
- - Annapolis, MD
- - St. Louis, MO Area
- - Saint Louis, MO
- - Kansas City, MO Area
- - Independence, MO
- - Salt Lake City, UT Area
- - Salt Lake City, UT
- - Roanoke, VA Area
- - Roanoke, VA
- - Charlottesville, VA Area
- - Charlottesville, VA
- - Blacksburg, VA Area
- - Christiansburg, VA
- - Richmond, VA Area
- - Richmond, VA
- - North Dakota
- - Wisconsin
- - Racine, WI Area
- - Racine, WI
- - Milwaukee, WI Area
- - Milwaukee, WI
- - Indianapolis, IN Area
- - Indianapolis, IN
- - Fort Wayne, IN Area
- - Fort Wayne, IN
- - West Virginia
- - Morgantown, WV Area
- - Morgantown, WV
- - Massachusetts
- - Worcester, MA Area
- - Worcester, MA
- - Boston, MA Area
- - Boston, MA
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Aurora, CO
- - Little Rock, AR Area
- - Little Rock, AR
- - Casper, WY Area
- - Casper, WY
- - Missoula, MT Area
- - Missoula, MT
- Kenya - All Cities
- - Nairobi, Kenya Area
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- - Guildford, United Kingdom Area
- - Gatwick, England
- - Crawley, England
- - Brighton, United Kingdom Area
- - Hove, England
- - Oxford, United Kingdom Area
- - Oxford, England
- Canada - All Cities
- - Toronto, ON, Canada Area
- - Toronto, ON
- - Mississauga, ON
- - Ottawa, ON, Canada Area
- - Ottawa, ON
- - Montreal, QC, Canada Area
- - Montreal, QC
- - Trois-Rivières, QC
- - British Columbia
- - Victoria, BC, Canada Area
- - Victoria, BC
- - Calgary, AB, Canada Area
- - Calgary, AB
- - Hwanghae-bukto
- - Pyongyang, North Korea Area
- United Arab Emirates - All Cities
- - Dubai, United Arab Emirates Area
- South Korea - All Cities
- - Seoul, South Korea Area
- Algeria - All Cities
- - Algiers, Algeria Area
- - Algiers, Algiers
- - Tizi Ouzou
- Kuwait - All Cities
- - Al Asimah
- - Kuwait City, Kuwait Area
- - Kuwait City
- Kazakhstan - All Cities
- - Almaty, Kazakhstan Area
- Lebanon - All Cities
- - Beirut Governorate
- - Beirut, Lebanon Area
- Argentina - All Cities
- - Federal Capital
- - Buenos Aires, Argentina Area
- - Buenos Aires
- - Vicente López
- Australia - All Cities
- - New South Wales
- - Sydney, Australia Area
- - North Sydney
- - Queensland
- - Brisbane, Australia Area
- Austria - All Cities
- - Vienna, Austria Area
- Belgium - All Cities
- - Brussels, Belgium Area
- - Anderlecht
- Bangladesh - All Cities
- - Dhaka, Bangladesh Area
- Bosnia and Herzegovina - All Cities
- - Federation of Bosnia and Herze
- - Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina Area
- Republic of Macedonia - All Cities
- - Greater Casablanca
- - Rabat, Morocco Area
- - Casablanca, Greater Casablanca
- Brazil - All Cities
- - São Paulo
- - Sao Paulo, Brazil Area
- - São Paulo, São Paulo
- - São José dos Campos, São Paulo
- - Campinas, São Paulo
- - Minas Gerais
- - Rio de Janeiro
- - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Area
- - Petrópolis, Rio de Janeiro
- - Niterói, Rio de Janeiro
- - Curitiba, Brazil Area
- - Belém, Brazil Area
- - Belém, Pará
- - Federal District
- - Brasilia, Brazil Area
- - Brasília, Federal District
- - Sofia (city)
- - Sofia, Bulgaria Area
- - Sofia, Sofia (city)
- Mexico - All Cities
- - Mexico City, Mexico Area
- - Ciudad de Mexico
- - Toluca, México
- - Melchor Ocampo, México
- - Baja California
- - Tijuana, Mexico Area
- - Tijuana, Baja California
- Malaysia - All Cities
- - Kuala Lumpur
- - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Area
- China - All Cities
- - Beijing, China Area
- - Changping, Beijing
- - Beijing, Beijing
- - Shanghai, China Area
- - Shanghai, Shanghai
- Nigeria - All Cities
- Chile - All Cities
- - Santiago Metropolitan Region
- - Santiago, Chile Area
- Netherlands - All Cities
- - South Holland
- - The Hague, Netherlands Area
- - Alphen aan den Rijn
- - North Brabant
- - Overijssel
- - Utrecht, Netherlands Area
- Colombia - All Cities
- - Bogota, Colombia Area
- - Bogotá, Bogota
- - Bogota, Cundinamarca
- - Cundinamarca
- - Valle del Cauca
- - Cali, Colombia Area
- - Cali, Valle del Cauca
- New Zealand - All Cities
- - Auckland, New Zealand Area
- - Auckland, Auckland
- Peru - All Cities
- - Lima Region
- - Lima, Peru Area
- - Lima, Lima Region
- - Capital Region
- - Copenhagen, Denmark Area
- - Copenhagen, Capital Region
- - Odense, Denmark Area
- - Kalundborg
- - Northern Jutland
- - Aalborg, Denmark Area
- - Lahore, Pakistan Area
- - Karachi, Pakistan Area
- Poland - All Cities
- - Warsaw, Poland Area
- - Warsaw, Masovia
- Panama - All Cities
- - Panama City, Panama Area
- Portugal - All Cities
- - Lisbon District
- - Lisbon, Portugal Area
- - Lisbon, Lisbon District
- Egypt - All Cities
- - Cairo Governorate
- - Cairo, Egypt Area
- - Cairo, Cairo Governorate
- - Asyut Governorate
- Ireland - All Cities
- - Dublin, Ireland Area
- - Dublin, Dublin
- - Tallinn, Estonia Area
- Romania - All Cities
- - Bucuresti
- - Bucharest, Romania Area
- - Bucharest, Bucuresti
- Philippines - All Cities
- - Manila, Philippines Area
- - Manila, Manila
- Russia - All Cities
- - Moscow, Russia Area
- - Moscow, Moskva
- - Sankt-Peterburg
- - Saint Petersburg, Russia Area
- - Saint Petersburg, Sankt-Peterburg
- Saudi Arabia - All Cities
- - Riyadh Province
- - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Area
- - Makkah Province
- - Mecca, Saudi Arabia Area
- South Africa - All Cities
- - Johannesburg, South Africa Area
- - Johannesburg
- - Pretoria, Gauteng
- - Free State
- France - All Cities
- - Orleans, France Area
- - Ile-de-France
- - Paris, France Area
- - Hauts-de-France
- - Auvergne - Rhône-Alpes
- - Grenoble, France Area
- Spain - All Cities
- - Madrid, Spain Area
- Sweden - All Cities
- - Lund, Sweden Area
- - Malmö, Skåne
- Germany - All Cities
- - Rhineland-Palatinate
- - Frankfurt, Germany Area
- - Mainz, Rhineland-Palatinate
- - Frankfurt am Main
- - Baden-Wurttemberg
- - Stuttgart, Germany Area
- - Stuttgart
- - Deir ez-Zor
- - Damascus, Syria Area
- Switzerland - All Cities
- - Zurich, Switzerland Area
- Greece - All Cities
- - Athens, Greece Area
- - Athens, Attica
- Thailand - All Cities
- - Krung Thep Mahanakhon
- - Bangkok, Thailand Area
- Turkey - All Cities
- - Istanbul, Turkey Area
- Hungary - All Cities
- - Budapest, Hungary Area
- Taiwan - All Cities
- - T'ai-pei
- - Tainan, Taiwan Area
- Indonesia - All Cities
- - Jakarta, Indonesia Area
- - East Java
- India - All Cities
- - Karnataka
- - Bangalore, India Area
- - Bangalore
- - Whitefield
- - Gulbarga, India Area
- - Indi, Karnataka
- - Telangana
- - Hyderabad, India Area
- - Hyderābād
- - West Bengal
- - Calcutta, India Area
- - Cochin, India Area
- - Maharashtra
- - Mumbai, India Area
- - New Delhi, India Area
- - New Delhi
- - Andhra Pradesh
- - Uttar Pradesh
- - Tamil Nadu
- - Chennai, India Area
- - Ahmadabad, India Area
- - Ahmedabad
- - Madhya Pradesh
- - Indore, India Area
- Ukraine - All Cities
- - Kyiv, Ukraine Area
- - Kiev, Kyiv
- Iran - All Cities
- - Khuzestan
- - Tehran, Iran Area
- - Tehran, Tehran
- Israel - All Cities
- - Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel Area
- - Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Italy - All Cities
- - Rome, Italy Area
- - Trentino-South Tyrol
- - Venice, Italy Area
- - Emilia-Romagna
- - Florence, Italy Area
- Venezuela - All Cities
- - Maracaibo, Venezuela Area
- - Maracaibo
- Japan - All Cities
- - Tokyo, Japan Area
- Vietnam - All Cities
- - Hồ Chí Minh
- - Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam Area
- - Ho Chi Minh City
- Jordan - All Cities
- - Amman Governorate
- - Amman, Jordan Area
- - Ḩawwārah, Amman Governorate
- All Candidates
- Received Offer Only
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- Most Difficult
Interviews at Novo Nordisk
Interviews for top jobs at novo nordisk.
- Internship (25)
- Intern (24)
- Business Analyst (19)
- Estagiário (16)
- Project Manager (15)
- Drug Safety Associate (13)
- Diabetes Care Specialist (11)
- Graduate Program (9)
- Data Scientist (9)
- Research Scientist (8)
- Sales Representative (8)
- Medical Advisor (7)
- Clinical Research Associate (6)
- Marketing (6)
- Student Assistant (6)
- Diabetes Educator (5)
- Director (5)
- Manager (5)
- Process Engineer (4)
- Graduate Programmer (4)
- Software Engineer (3)
- Clinical Trial Manager (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Automation Engineer (3)
- Global Project Manager (3)
- Scientist (3)
- Engineer (3)
- Product Specialist (3)
Feb 6, 2023
Business Analyst Interview
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
I applied in-person. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (New Delhi) in Jan 2022
Very neat and clear round. Management is well focused and transparent to communicate then and there. They have total of 5 rounds which took almost 1 month for the process completion
Apr 21, 2022
Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen, Capital Region
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Copenhagen, Capital Region) in Aug 2021
Two interviews: 1. Interview with manager and an employees. We talked about the position, the company, and how i could fit in. 2. Interview with manager and HR partner. I had to take two form of tests before the interview. During the interview we discussed the results.
- Why did you apply for this position? How do you work under pressure? How do you structure your work? and how to prioritize your tasks in a busy period? Answer Question
What people are saying about Novo Nordisk
Life Sciences Consulting
Can anyone share general insights (e.g., culture, comp, types of projects) on Novo Nordisk Consulting? (Internal consulting arm of NN)
Pharma and Biotech
Director of Pharmacy
Anyone here work @ Novo Nordisk? I have a sales interview tomorrow morning for diabetes care specialist
Pharma and Health Advertising
If anyone needs referral for Novo Nordisk hit me up
average salary for a data engineer or data scientist in copenhagen? at companies like novo nordisk or anyway not consulting
Got a burning question about interviews at Novo Nordisk? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Novo Nordisk employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Mar 17, 2021
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Bangalore) in Feb 2021
I got a call from recruiter about the position. Later on after a brief discussion about my profile they have scheduled rhe first round. Technical round: It went for 1hr, mostly the round was about Alteryx and Tableau. It went well and after 2 days I received the call from recruiter for manager round with 1 senior manager and 2 Stakeholders. Manager/Stakeholder: It was a 30 mins round. Mostly on strength,weaknesses,where I see my self in novo. Mostly on the personality check. After the round they told me there will be final round with HR after 3-4 working days. The HR round never happened. After following with the recruiter for multiple days. Nothing came, every time I called the recruiter about my candidature, they neither said no nor yes. It was my first interview after long time and somewhere I wanted to join. But the way recruiter treated me I didn't like at all.
- Alteryx : transpose/crosstab, reporting tool, in db tool, macros, summarize tool, complex workflow you built Answer Question
- Tableau: LOD, difference between join and blending, scenario based question to build a dashboard. Answer Question
Mar 6, 2023
I applied online. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk in Jan 2021
There are only two rounds 1. Technical rounds 2. Technical and manager rounds Mostly they will ask from your experience only They will assess your project and communication skilled , technical skills
- For your experience only they will ask Answer Question
May 24, 2021
Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Bangalore) in Dec 2020
Very well organized and we'll communicated interview process. There were 3 rounds, first technical coding round, then managerial and final round was the HR round. Each round was set about 1 week apart.
- Coding round including questions on set analysis and data modeling in Qlik As of table in Qlik. Answer Question
May 31, 2019
I applied online. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Bangalore) in May 2019
JD and Interview Questions was totally irrelevant. 1st Round - Telephonic 2nd Round - Managerial Round 3rd Round - Director I was interviewed for regular Business Analyst (Requirement gathering , PBI Writing, Requirement Management etc ) Got rejected at Director round since his expectation wasn't a regular BA and his expectation for BA position was more on System Manager. Suggestion: Make the JD or title of the JD more appropriate.
- Questions about your past experience. Answer Question
Feb 21, 2019
I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Bangalore) in Jan 2019
I was interviewed a month before. Everything was fine but after hr interview they told me to wait for the result they will get back through mail. I kept waiting nothing came
- Tell me about yourself. They gave a picture and told what do you infer from it? Answer Question
Apr 15, 2018
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk
There were few rounds for the interview process. One-on-one with the manager and HR, followed by technical skills test, followed by a panel interview by Global team. The questions were very easy and mostly focused on my past work experience and my comfort level with the job profile.
- They asked about my past experience and expectations from the role. Answer Question
Dec 4, 2017
Anonymous Employee in Bagsværd
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Bagsværd) in Oct 2017
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk, Denmark. Interview took place with hiring manager and HR recruiter. 2nd interview, review of skill tests. 3rd interview with potential colleague. Last interview welcomed by hiring manager, but interview with VP alone.
- How does your manager see whether you're stressed. Answer Question
Jul 9, 2017
I applied online. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Bangalore) in Jun 2017
Total 4 rounds written test, technical round, director round, Stockholder round for each round they will take 1 week time. Total 4 rounds written test, technical round, director round, Stockholder round for each round they will take 1 week time.
- Advance filters and normal excel based questions Answer Question
Popular Careers with Novo Nordisk Job Seekers
Work at novo nordisk share your experiences.
Novo Nordisk Photos
Expert Career Advice
Find a Great First Job to Jumpstart Your Career
Stand Out From the Crowd With the Perfect Cover Letter
Write a Resume Recruiters Can't Resist
How to Prepare for Your Interview and Land the Job
Novo Nordisk Job Seekers Also Viewed
Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job that’s right for you.
Still studying but eager to kickstart your career? Join Novo Nordisk’s case competition and use it as a shortcut to a life-changing career.
Show your talent and bring your ideas to life at Novo Nordisk’s annual case competition ‘Innovation in Action’. It is a 1-day workshop for Master’s students from all academic backgrounds. In small groups of students with a variety of backgrounds, you and your group will work together to find an innovative solution to a real business challenge Novo Nordisk is facing. Ultimately, you will present your idea to a jury panel of senior managers and specialists from Novo Nordisk, a patient and an academic professor.
Available positions are advertised on the Jobs section . Here you can sign up to our job agent and receive an email when a position matching your criteria becomes available.
Applicants must be enrolled in a Master’s program and have a valid student ID. All academic backgrounds, specialisations, nationalities and universities are accepted.
The online application portal opens in September/October.
Interested candidates will have the opportunity to speak with Novo Nordisk representatives to discuss career aspirations, gain insight into the organization and ask questions. Come find us at one of the many events we attend throughout the year!
Discover Best Places to work in India
- About Company
- Office Photos
- Salary Calculator
- Awards 2022
- Campus Placements
- Practice Test
- Compare Companies
based on 626 Reviews
Novo Nordisk is one of the leading global healthcare company, founded in 1923 and headquartered in Denmark. Their purpose is to drive change to defeat... read more
- Reviews 626
- Salaries 3.8k
- Interviews 38
- Benefits 343
- Novo Nordisk Interview Questions
38 interviews found
Posted on 6 Jan 2023
- Associate Key Account Manager Interview Questions
Novo Nordisk Interview Rounds and Process
- Resume Shortlist
- Aptitude Test
There were 5 rounds in my interview. The first round was Resume Shortlist, followed by One-on-one round. After the second round, there was Aptitude Test round, followed by fourth One-on-one round. The process ended with fifth and final HR round.
I applied via Walk-in and was interviewed before Jan 2022.
Resume Shortlist Round
- Q1. Your first round will be with line manager Add Answer
- Q2. Regarding study Background and skills of sales n marketing Add Answer
Aptitude Test Round
Online exam for aptitude test,its need patience while giving exam
- Q1. Interview with RM and ZBM with one to one Discussion Add Answer
- Q2. All about your work experience and learnings from last experiences,why Joining Novo Nordisk, Key Skills which you find Suitable for this Job. Add Answer
- Q1. Salary negotiation and check flexibility for remote working Add Answer
Novo Nordisk Interview Preparation
- Spoken English
- Mode of action of medicine
- Novo Nordisk Interview Questions for Experienced
Posted on 13 Apr 2022
- Drug Safety Associate Interview Questions
There were 4 rounds in my interview. The first round was Aptitude Test, followed by Behaviour round. The third round was Technical, followed by final One-on-one round.
I applied via Job Fair and was interviewed in Jun 2022.
It was basic techincal questions mostly 25 questions , it was easy.
- Q1. It was online presentation of 6 questions example : What is your strength and weakness and how did u overcome ur weakness? View Answers (3)
- Q1. It was basic questions in technical round , interviewer was friendly . Add Answer
- Q1. Interview was taken by Associate director , It was little hard she asked me in deep , She was not friendly. View Answers (1)
Top skills recommended for Novo Nordisk Drug Safety Associate interview
- Case Processing
- Clinical Trials
- Drug Safety
- MS Office Word
In aptitute test there are 25 que and this is realated to PV. I remember some que like ICSR, SUSAR long form, ICSR valid criteria, AE and ARD situational que, one numeric que on GVP model and on guideline some easy que, on GCP regarding consent form one que. 2 paragraph que which is bit diff you have read thoughly and give. Its 30 min round and 25 que.
Novo Nordisk interview questions for popular designations
Posted on 28 Sep 2022
- Associate Business Analyst Interview Questions
There were 2 rounds in my interview. The process started with Resume Shortlist round and ended with Technical as the second and final round.
I applied via Referral and was interviewed in Aug 2022.
- Q1. 1. Self introduction 2. They will follow our cv. What we have mentioned in cv they asked about that. 3. Current job and responsibilities Tips- be confidence ... read more Add Answer
- Q2. 2nd round was stakeholders round They asked me self introduced and current job and responsibilities and they asked me nearly 10 questions related to current ... read more Add Answer
Top skills recommended for Novo Nordisk Associate Business Analyst interview
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Services
- Financial Planning
- Supply Chain
- Continuous Improvement
- Data Quality
Posted on 12 Apr 2022
- Data Analyst Interview Questions
There were 5 rounds in my interview. The first round was Assignment, followed by One-on-one round. After the second round, there was One-on-one round, followed by fourth One-on-one round. The process ended with fifth and final HR round.
Tableau Developer I was given an assignment where I had to build dashboard with final story within 1 hour
- Q1. Why Novo? Why this role? Add Answer
- Q1. Director Round with department head Add Answer
- Q1. Affiliate Round with either US folks or Denmark folks Add Answer
- Q1. What is your family background? Add Answer
- Q2. What are your strengths and weaknesses? Add Answer
- Q3. Tell me about yourself. Add Answer
- Q4. What are your salary expectations? Add Answer
Top skills recommended for Novo Nordisk Data Analyst interview
- Process Management
- Project Management
- Back Office
- Change Management
Posted on 13 Dec 2020
Medical writer internship Interview Questions
I applied via campus placement at Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai and was interviewed in Nov 2020.
- Q1. Tell me about yourself ? Are you aware with current affairs? What are your positive and negative traits? What do you know about our company? How do you thin ... read more Add Answer
- Q2. I was asked to do a presentation for 25 minutes. (The final round) View Answers (1)
- Q3. Second round - I was asked to write an essay and an abstract. For essay I had to choose from 5 topics and for the abstract writing they attached the scienti ... read more View Answers (1)
- Q4. Round 2 also had technical round. It had one marks. But was moderately easy. Add Answer
Read all Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai placement interview questions
Jobs at Novo Nordisk
Posted on 25 Feb 2022
- Advisor Interview Questions
There were 5 rounds in my interview. The first round was Resume Shortlist, followed by Technical round. After the second round, there was Technical round, followed by fourth One-on-one round. The process ended with fifth and final HR round.
I applied via Referral and was interviewed in Sep 2021.
- Q1. Question question question Add Answer
- Q1. Share details of your previous job. Add Answer
- Q2. Why are you looking for a change? Add Answer
- Q3. What are your salary expectations? Add Answer
- Q4. What is your family background? Add Answer
- Q5. Why should we hire you? Add Answer
- Q6. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Add Answer
- Q7. What are your strengths and weaknesses? Add Answer
- Q8. Tell me about yourself. Add Answer
Top skills recommended for Novo Nordisk Advisor interview
- Medical Affairs
Posted on 14 Apr 2022
- Clinical Research Associate Interview Questions
There were 2 rounds in my interview. The process started with Aptitude Test round and ended with One-on-one as the second and final round.
I applied via LinkedIn and was interviewed in Mar 2022.
It was 3 section test, each 14-18 mins with 14-18 questions that too very difficult to solve. The terrible aptitude test I have ever seen in my life.
- Q1. This was Microsoft teams meet, I had no problem at all while attending & answering of all 3 interviewer's questions. I cracked it very well. The interviewer ... read more Add Answer
Top skills recommended for Novo Nordisk Clinical Research Associate interview
- Clinical Research
- Site selection
- Operational Excellence
Posted on 13 May 2021
- Business Analyst Interview Questions
I applied via Naukri.com and was interviewed in Apr 2021.
- Q1. Key roles , responsibilities and initiatives taken during the journey in the organization Add Answer
- Q2. Any certified support the process or the project Add Answer
- Q3. Strength and weaknesses Add Answer
- Q4. Changes in KPI every quarter Add Answer
Top skills recommended for Novo Nordisk Business Analyst interview
- Business Analysis
- Information Technology
- Computer science
- Release management
Posted on 12 Oct 2020
- Clinical Research Associate/Scientist Interview Questions
I applied via Company Website and was interviewed in Apr 2020.
- Q1. How did you managed IP shipment and IP administration during COVID? Add Answer
- Q2. What is the challenges you have faced while you working as CRA Add Answer
- Q3. What is the major changes between the new regulation and previous regulation Add Answer
- Q4. What are the different bias in clinical research and why are we doing double blind study Add Answer
- Q5. What is the primary and secondary end point of the your protocol Add Answer
Posted on 28 Jun 2022
- Senior Project Associate Interview Questions
There were 3 rounds in my interview. The first round was One-on-one, followed by Case Study round. The final round was One-on-one.
- Q1. Details about experience Add Answer
Case Study Round
Costing and effort estimation
- Q1. Same as roubd one but with senior management Add Answer
Top skills recommended for Novo Nordisk Senior Project Associate interview
- Power Point Presentation
Novo Nordisk Interview FAQs
Some of the top questions asked at the Novo Nordisk interview -
- Interview was taken by Associate director , It was little hard she asked me in ...read more
- This was Microsoft teams meet, I had no problem at all while attending & answer ...read more
- Why this company? What if you keve the company for better salary
The most common HR questions asked in Novo Nordisk interview are -
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Why are you looking for a change?
Novo Nordisk Interviews By Designations
- Novo Nordisk Business Analyst Interview Questions ·
- Novo Nordisk Associate Business Analyst Interview Questions ·
- Novo Nordisk Accounts Manager Interview Questions ·
- Novo Nordisk Advisor Interview Questions ·
- Novo Nordisk Associate Key Account Manager Interview Questions ·
- Novo Nordisk Business Analyst II Interview Questions ·
- Novo Nordisk Clinical Database Programmer Interview Questions ·
- Novo Nordisk Clinical Research Associate Interview Questions
- · Novo Nordisk Clinical Research Associate/Scientist Interview Questions
- · Novo Nordisk Data Analyst Interview Questions
Interview Questions for Popular Designations
- Software Engineer Interview Questions ·
- Graduate Engineer Trainee (Get) Interview Questions ·
- Accountant Interview Questions ·
- Sales Officer Interview Questions ·
- Design Engineer Interview Questions ·
- HR Executive Interview Questions ·
- Relationship Manager Interview Questions ·
- Assistant Professor Interview Questions
- · Civil Site Engineer Interview Questions
- · Research Associate Interview Questions
People are getting interviews through
Interview questions from similar companies.
Fast track your campus placements
Novo Nordisk Reviews and Ratings
based on 626 reviews
Rating in categories
Salary & Benefits
Promotions / Appraisal
They do offsites for employees and take them to good resorts and some time team dinner to 5 star resturant....
- ₹ 12.6L Business Analyst (102)
- ₹ 6.3L Senior Product Specialist (101)
- ₹ 5.0L Product Specialist (97)
- ₹ 6.7L Senior Professional (93)
- ₹ 10.0L Associate Business Analyst (91)
- Interviews >
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
- Bloomberg the Company & its Products
- Bloomberg Anywhere Remote Login
- Bloomberg Terminal Request a Demo
Cheat Sheet , a regular series, gives you first-hand accounts from real managers, hiring for top jobs, of their recruitment and screening process. This week: If you're fluent in FDA jargon, you might be a fit for Danish pharmaceutical giant Novo Nordisk. See all the cheat sheets here.
- Novo Nordisk
- Associate Director, Regulatory Affairs
- Hiring Manager
- Martin Himmel
- Executive Director, Regulatory Affairs
- $150,000 - $165,000 (Glassdoor)
- Work with senior management and the marketing, legal, and clinical departments to assure compliance with FDA requirements and standards when advertising diabetes products.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in life science, seven years or more of pharmaceutical experience, and knowledge of the FDA.
Two 30-minute phone interviews, one with a recruiter and one with the hiring manager, to assess the candidate’s experience and communication skills. It’s a plus if this person has experience working in a large company.
A half-day of in-person interviews with four to five people who work in regulatory affairs, plus the hiring manager and some human resource folk. Interviewers ask such questions as, “Describe a time when you faced controversy and demonstrated leadership in getting the project to fruition.” The goal is to get to know applicant’s management style.
More in-person interviews with the heads of the regulatory affairs, legal, and marketing departments and another brief meeting with the hiring manager.
Interviewers have a short discussion to share feedback. The hiring manager makes the final decision, based on how well the interview panel felt they could interact with the candidate. “If the marketing person tells me the candidate is a nice person but can’t give a straight answer, I weigh that in.”
Get 25% off all test packages.
Get 25% off all test packages!
Click below to get 25% off all test packages.
Novo Nordisk Tests
- Bagsværd, Denmark
- 192 questions
Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care.
Careers at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk’s 90 years of innovation in diabetes care has given them experience and capabilities that allow them to work towards helping people defeat other serious chronic conditions: haemophilia, growth disorders and obesity.
Novo Nordisk Application Process
Online application, online tests, telephone interview, assessment centre, novo nordisk aptitude tests, novo numerical reasoning tests.
The Novo Nordisk numerical reasoning test comprises of a number of questions, usually 20, to be answered in an allotted time. Generally you are given one minute per question. They relate to graphs, percentages and tables whereby you will be asked to analyse data and choose from a set of multiple choice answers. This is designed to measure your numerical abilities.
Novo Verbal Reasoning Tests
This test comprises of a number of questions to be answered in a set time. During the Novo Nordisk verbal reasoning test you will be presented with a series of paragraphs which you will be required to read and then answer questions. Your options will be True, False or Cannot Tell. This test will be assessing your analytical skills.
Novo Case Study
You’ll be given a written case study exercise where you will be given materials to read briefly prior to writing up a report. This will be to assess your written communication skills. You’ll be expected to analyse the data and information given and then produce a written analysis and present your findings. There will then be a time for questions from the assessor so you will also be assessed on your presentation skills.
Novo Personality Tests
You will be asked to sit a personality test which will include a number of words and statements which you will have to rate in terms of how important you feel each are. This test is designed to see what type of person you are and how you will fit into the organisation.
I’ve practiced hundreds of numerical questions and still have plenty more to try.
Novo Group Exercise
The group exercise demonstrates how you work and perform in a team. The group will be presented with information, including a number of issues and you will need to produce solutions. Ensure to find a balance between speaking up and making your point but without dominating the group. You must show the assessor that you can work well in any situation, especially within a team as that is something that will be expected of you at the company.
You will be expected to give a short presentation on a subject provided. You will be given time to prepare and will be allowed to take prompts in with you. This will be assessing your public speaking and presenting skills as well as how you perform under pressure during questions following your presentation.
Practice Aptitude Tests is not associated with Novo Nordisk. We provide preparation services for Novo Nordisk psychometric tests. Our tests are not designed to be identical to any style, employer or industry. Visit https://www.novonordisk.com/careers/working-at-novo-nordisk/available-jobs.html to find out more.
Enjoy what you’ve read? Let others know!
- Share on whatsapp
- Share on linkedin
- Share on twitter
- Share on facebook
- Share via email
Try Novo Nordisk Tests for Free
Novo nordisk 01.
20 Questions | 20 Minutes
Novo Nordisk 02
Novo nordisk 03, improve your scores with our intelligent learning system.
Immediate access. Cancel anytime.
- 30 Numerical reasoning tests
- 30 Verbal reasoning tests
- 30 Diagrammatic reasoning tests
- 30 Situational judgement tests
- 32 Publisher packages e.g. Watson Glaser
- 245 Employer packages e.g. HSBC
- 29 Extra packages e.g Mechanical
- Dashboard performance tracking
- Full solutions and explanations
- Tips, tricks, guides and resources
- Access to free tests
- Basic performance tracking
- Solutions & explanations
- Tips and resources
Reviews of our Novo Nordisk tests
What our customers say about our Novo Nordisk tests
Christian Rungsted Andersson
October 10, 2021
Too much data work
Too much 'digging out the data' and rounding numbers off, which may create noise obscuring the real understanding of the task.
- Tests by Leading Employers
- Retail Industry Preparation
- Novo Nordisk Assessment Test Practice
Prepare for Novo Nordisk Aptitude Tests & Interview
If you are trying to become a n employee a t Novo Nordisk , you will prob a bly h a ve to t a ke a test specific a lly designed for the job like Predictive Learning Index, Hogan tests or others. JobTestPrep h a s cre a ted prep a r a tion p a cks to help you ace your Novo Nordisk application process. T a ke timed pr a ctice tests, tr a ck your scores, a nd ensure your success.
- Get materials to ensure your success
- Tests, answers, and explanations
- Test Provider
Leadership Assessment Test Practice
Verbal reasoning test preparation.
Comprehensive online preparation for verbal reasoning tests
33 practice tests to prepare for pre-employment math exams
Typing Test Practice
Realistic typing test simulations
Tailored prep based on employer, role, level
WorkKeys Assessment Tests
Prepare for WorkKeys tests with online practice tests, study guides, and more
About Novo Nordisk PrepPacks™
The Novo Nordisk application process is rigorous, but with extensive practice, you can improve your chances of being selected to work there. Start preparing yourself now for your upcoming Novo Nordisk aptitude tests and interviews with JobTestPrep.
Novo Nordisk Application Process
Whether you are applying for Novo Nordisk Internship, Novo Nordisk Graduate Program or other Novo Nordisk career position, there are a few steps in Novo Nordisk application process you need to prepare for.
- Novo Nordisk Online Application - Fill in your details in the Novo Nordisk online application system. Make sure you write all relevant experience and professional training to the relevant position you apply for. Novo Nordisk HR will deliver only relevant CVs to the Novo Nordisk phone interviewers and managers.
- Novo Nordisk Aptitude Tests - The Novo tests are computerized cognitive and personality tests and are an essential part of the Novo Nordisk hiring process.
- Novo Nordisk Phone Interview - Present your updated and relevant professional background along with your ambition to join Novo Nordisk organization.
- Novo Nordisk Interview - In case you are applying for Novo Nordisk Internship, Novo Nordisk Graduate or another career path which is not a sales position, this will be the last stage in Novo Nordisk hiring process. There will be at least one interview with your potential manager. Be prepared to answer competency based questions. Read more Novo Nordisk Interview tips in the Novo Nordisk Interview Process.
- Sales Presentation - If you apply for a sales position, you will be required to prepare in advance a 6-8 minutes sales presentation. You will get more instruction from the Novo Nordisk HR representative ahead.
Novo Nordisk Aptitude Tests
Novo Nordisk assessment tests are a challenging part of Novo Nordisk hiring process. Novo tests may differ depending on the position, country, and state. Some of the tests are cognitive like the PI cognitive assessment, some are behavioral like the Hogan Personality Assessments (HDS, HPI, and MVPI). Some are intended especially for managers like leadership tests.
If you are required to take an online assessment JobTestPrep can help you prepare. Select the correct JobTestPrep pack you need to pass the tests. Below are explanations of the relevant tests.
Novo Nordisk Hogan Tests
Hogan assessments allow your employer to assess your personality in the workplace. The following assessments predict your potential performance based on your strengths, weaknesses, values and problem-solving skills. Additionally, these assessments measure your personality characteristics, a risk of career derailment, core values, and cognitive style. Hogan tests include HPI, HDS, MVPI, HBRI, and judgment tests.
Novo Nordisk PI LI Tests
The Predictive Index Learning Indicator (PI Learning Indicator), formerly known as Professional Learning Indicator (PLI), is a 12-minute test comprised of 50 questions. The purpose of the PI LI assessment is to measure your cognitive ability or your capacity to learn and adapt to the workplace.
Novo Nordisk Leadership Test
Many leadership test assessments have been developed in answer to the organizational need to measure each candidate’s core competencies that are essential for success as a leader. The aim of the leadership skills assessment battery is to discern the applicant who is able and willing to fill the leadership role.
Novo Nordisk Industry Test Preparation
Outperform other applicants using JobTestPrep’s all-inclusive pre-employment PrepPacks™. Access dozens of practice tests, score reports, study guides, and more 24/7 – Initiate your own success story by signing up today!
Novo Nordisk Interview Process
In order to put your best foot forward during the interview process read here some Novo Nordisk Interview Tips. It is essential that you research the expectations for the position which you have applied for and the types of questions you will likely be asked. An interview will generally cover questions regarding your availability, work experience, salary expectations, your knowledge of the position being offered (responsibilities, duties, etc.), why you would like to work for Novo Nordisk and so forth. Answering these questions confidently and effectively will undoubtedly boost your odds of being offered the position in the end.
Novo Nordisk Interview Questions
Need to ace the Novo Nordisk Interview Questions? Read some examples of questions below.
- Tell me about a time you lead a change in your organization.
- What brings you to work here?
- Tell me about a conflict you had with a team member and how you solved it.
- Describe me an ethical issue you had to deal with inside work.
How Long Does Novo Nordisk Hiring Process Take?
The hiring process depends on the number of tasks you have to fulfil. Typically, there are hundreds, if not thousands of candidates applying for the same job. While most of them are filtered out through the use of online tests, that still leaves many who have to go through face to face assessments and interviews. We can make some generalizations though. Online tests and automatic application screening typically take no more than a week. However, you will only know if you have got through to the next stage of the application process once the job posting has been closed. The company will normally take some time to come up with a shortlist of candidates who should attend interviews. We can, therefore, say that the entire process can take up to six months.
What should I do to Prepare for my Interview with Novo Nordisk?
Learn about Novo Nordisk and your desired position from its website and additional official sources, such as LinkedIn, blogs, and press releases. Show enthusiasm and genuine interest in what the company does. Focus on the key competencies that you are being tested on, and practice with our unique preparation pack to get familiar with common interview questions and to gain important knowledge and tips.
If you’re interviewing for a life sciences consulting firm, expect to be given several case interviews, or case study interviews, during your interview process.
A case interview is a special type of interview that nearly every single consulting firm uses, including life sciences consulting firms. Firms that use case interviews include: Clearview Healthcare Partners, Putnam Associates, IQVIA, ZS Associates, Simon Kutcher, and Health Advances.
Case interviews simulate the consulting job by placing you in a hypothetical business situation in which you are asked to solve a challenging problem. These interviews typically last between 30 to 45 minutes and you’ll be working closely with your interviewer towards developing a recommendation or answer to the business problem.
Case study interviews are so widely used by life sciences consulting firms because they assess many of the qualities needed to become successful consultants. With just a 30- to 45-minute exercise, an interviewer can gauge your analytical capabilities, business acumen, communication skills, and cultural fit with the firm.
If you have an upcoming case interview at a life sciences consulting firm, we have you covered. In this article, we’ll cover in detail:
- Essential life sciences industry knowledge you should know
- The 6 steps to solve any life sciences case interview
- Life sciences consulting case interview examples
- Life sciences consulting case interview tips
- Recommended resources to prepare for your case interview
Essential Life Sciences Industry Knowledge You Should Know
The life sciences industry covers all of the businesses, organizations, and research institutions that are dedicated to protecting and improving human and animal life. There are various types of companies included in life sciences:
- Pharmaceuticals : Roche, Pfizer, Merck, Novartis, Eli Lily
- Biotechnology : Novo Nordisk, Regeneron, Alexion, United Therapeutics
- Medical equipment : Stryker, Medtronic, Thermo Fisher, Siemens
- Cosmeceuticals : Johnson & Johnson, Proctor and Gamble, Unilever
- Healthcare facilities : Lab Corp, HCA Healthcare
- Managed healthcare : UnitedHealth, Anthem, Aetna, Cigna, Humana
The life sciences industry is exciting in that it constantly sees significant changes and technological advancements every few years. Below are a few trends that you should be familiar with. They are summarized from two sources, Straits Research and Deloitte .
Artificial intelligence in biopharma : AI-driven tools is now leveraged at all phases of drug research and development. AI-driven software can assist in planning possible synthesis pathways in chemicals to obtain compounds of interest. AI is also leveraged in research areas such as phenotypic drug discovery programs to analyze data through advanced screening approaches.
Revolutionizing supply chains : There has been extensive remodeling of supply chains for strategic products, such as drug, medical equipment, diagnostics, food, and chemicals led by the national regulatory activities in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Automation and modernization : The majority of big pharma companies have been established through different mergers and acquisitions and have adopted portfolios of IT applications in different phases of modernization. Top companies are standardizing business processes, measuring manufacturing, focusing on visibility, and leveraging the right software. They are using industrial automation to overlook processes and drive business value.
Big data : Digitalization in the life sciences industry has resulted in the generation of huge volumes of data, which have to be stored and analyzed accurately to realize their full potential. Many big data techniques can transform unused data into valuable insights.
Blockchain and wearables : Wearable technology is altering the world and has paved the way for many people to monitor health, including sleeping patterns and overall fitness. Blockchain has helped wearable devices and mobile applications connect to a patient hub with all health records, allowing doctors to access a new level of visibility in real-time.
Outsourcing : Pharmaceutical companies are starting to outsource research programs to academic and private contract research organizations (CROs) to stay ahead of the competition in the world of rapidly growing knowledge and advanced technologies. Companies are choosing to outsource certain research and development activities such as clinical trials, efficacy tests in animal models, and assay development.
Telemedicine : Progress in telemedicine is one of the biggest sources of substantial change in the healthcare ecosystem. It is improving the quality of diagnosis and treatment by allowing patients to get proper access to healthcare professionals.
The 6 Steps to Solve Any Life Sciences Case Interview
There are typically six steps to solving life sciences consulting case interviews.
1. Understand the case
Your life sciences case interview will begin with the interviewer giving you the case background information. While the interviewer is speaking, make sure that you are taking meticulous notes on the most important pieces of information. Focus on understanding the context of the situation and the objective of the case.
Don’t be afraid to ask clarifying questions if you do not understand something. You may want to summarize the case background information back to the interviewer to confirm your understanding of the case.
The most important part of this step is to verify the objective of the case. Not answering the right business question is the quickest way to fail a case interview.
2. Structure the problem
The next step is to develop a framework to help you solve the case. A framework is a tool that helps you structure and break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable components. Another way to think about frameworks is brainstorming different ideas and organizing them into different categories.
Before you start developing your framework, it is completely acceptable to ask the interviewer for a few minutes so that you can collect your thoughts and think about the problem.
Once you have identified the major issues or areas that you need to explore, walk the interviewer through your framework. They may ask a few questions or provide some feedback.
3. Kick off the case
Once you have finished presenting your framework, you’ll start diving into different areas of your framework to begin solving the case. How this process will start depends on whether the case interview is candidate-led or interviewer-led.
If the case interview is a candidate-led case, you’ll be expected to propose what area of your framework to start investigating. So, propose an area and provide a reason for why you want to start with that area. There is generally no right or wrong area of your framework to pick first.
If the case interview is interviewer-led, the interviewer will tell you what area of the framework to start in or directly give you a question to answer.
4. Solve quantitative problems
Life sciences case interviews may have some quantitative aspect to them. For example, you may be asked to calculate a certain profitability or financial metric. You could also be asked to estimate the size of a particular market or to estimate a particular figure.
The key to solving quantitative problems is to lay out a structure or approach upfront with the interviewer before doing any math calculations. If you lay out and present your structure to solve the quantitative problem and the interviewer approves of it, the rest of the problem is just simple execution of math.
5. Answer qualitative questions
Life sciences case interviews may also have qualitative aspects to them. You may be asked to brainstorm a list of potential ideas. You could also be asked to provide your opinion on a business issue or situation.
The key to answering qualitative questions is to structure your answer. When brainstorming a list of ideas, develop a structure to help you neatly categorize all of your ideas. When giving your opinion on a business issue or situation, provide a summary of your stance or position and then enumerate the reasons that support it.
6. Deliver a recommendation
In the last step of a life sciences case interview, you’ll present your recommendation and provide the major reasons that support it. You do not need to recap everything that you have done in the case, so focus on only summarizing the facts that are most important.
It is also good practice to include potential next steps that you would take if you had more time or data. These can be areas of your framework that you did not have time to explore or lingering questions that you do not have great answers for.
Life Sciences Consulting Case Interview Examples
Below are eight life sciences consulting case studies that you can use to practice your case interview skills. We highly recommend working through at least a few of these before your actual interviews.
- McKinsey pharmaceutical case : This is an acquisition case focused on whether a large pharmaceutical company should acquire a smaller startup
- BCG drug pricing case : This is a pricing case focused on helping a pharmaceutical company determine the optimal price for a new drug
- BCG medical device company case : This is a revenue growth case focused on helping a medical devices company that recently purchased an administrative systems software company
- Clearview pharmaceutical case : This is a market sizing case focused on helping a pharmaceutical company determine whether it can achieve its revenue target for an inhaled insulin product for the diabetes market
- Clearview biotechnology case : This is a quantitative case focused on helping a biotechnology firm assess its novel therapies for acute myeloid leukemia
- Deloitte federal health agency case : This is a non-profit case focused on helping a federal health agency manage the financial activities related to eliminating Ebola
- LEK medical consumables case : This is a market sizing case that estimates the market size for medical consumables by general practitioners in the United Kingdom
- Health Advances biotechnology case : This is a market entry case focused on helping a biotechnology company understand the market opportunity for developing a novel drug that prevents ear infections
Below, we have step-by-step videos showcasing how we would solve the McKinsey pharmaceutical case and the BCG drug pricing case listed above. The McKinsey case is an interviewer-led case while the BCG case is a candidate-led case. Together, these videos will give you an idea of what to expect in both styles of case interview formats.
We strongly recommend watching these two videos.
Life Sciences Consulting Case Interview Tips
Tip #1: Start preparing early
Mastering case interviews takes time. Many of the skills and techniques needed to solve case interviews can’t be learned in just a day or in a week. Ideally, start preparing for your case interviews at least a month or two in advance to give yourself enough time to learn and practice.
Tip #2: Practice with a case partner
Practicing case interviews with a partner is the best way to simulate a real case interview. There are many aspects of case interviews that you won’t be able to work on if you are doing mock cases by yourself. Casing with a partner lets you practice your communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
Tip #3: Keep a list of feedback from each case
You should keep a journal or log of all of the different pieces of feedback you get from your case interview partner during practice. This way, you’ll be able to identify trends and prioritize what improvement areas to focus on. For example, if you consistently receive feedback in each practice case that you need to structure your answers, that should be your top area to focus on.
Tip #4: Focus on improving one thing at a time
After doing some practice case interviews, you’ll likely have a long list of feedback and improvement areas. Try to focus on improving one thing at a time. Before each practice case, decide on the one thing that you really want to focus on and nail. This will be much more effective than trying to improve everything at once.
Tip #5: Use a hypothesis-driven approach
During the case interview, you should have a hypothesis of what the answer to the case is. A hypothesis is simply an educated guess based on the knowledge that you have. As you analyze data and gather more information, make sure to be constantly changing and refining your hypothesis.
There are two benefits to using a hypothesis to drive the direction of the case. One, it ensures that you are focusing on relevant areas that will help you solve or answer the case. Two, by the time the interviewer asks you for a recommendation, you will already have a refined hypothesis on what the answer or solution to the case should be.
Tip #6: Be 80/20
You have limited time during a case interview to solve the case. Therefore, you won’t be able to cover all of the different areas in your framework and get answers to every single question that you have. Therefore, focus on the most important issues and use the 80/20 principle.
The 80/20 principle states that 80% of the outcome comes from 20% of your effort. During a case interview, focus on the most important questions or areas that will have the biggest impact or effect on developing your answer or recommendation.
Recommended Resources to Prepare for Your Case Interview
We hope that you found this article on life sciences consulting case interviews helpful. If you are considering which resources to use in your case interview prep, we recommend the following:
- One Week Case Interview Course : A comprehensive case interview course that condenses all of the case interview strategies, techniques, and practice you need into a 15 – 25 hour course. Learn through 50+ concise video lessons and 20 full-length practice cases with detailed solutions.
- Hacking the Case Interview : In this book, learn exactly what to do and what to say in every step of the case interview. This is the perfect book for beginners that are looking to learn the basics of case interviews quickly.
- The Ultimate Case Interview Workbook : In this book, hone your case interview skills through 65+ problems tailored towards each type of question asked in case interviews and 15 full-length cases based on real case interviews. This book is great for intermediates looking to get quality practice.
When you’re performing research as part of your job or for a school assignment, you’ll probably come across case studies that help you to learn more about the topic at hand. But what is a case study and why are they helpful? Read on to lear...
Case studies are important because they help make something being discussed more realistic for both teachers and learners. Case studies help students to see that what they have learned is not purely theoretical but instead can serve to crea...
Examples of a case study could be anything from researching why a single subject has nightmares when they sleep in their new apartment, to why a group of people feel uncomfortable in heavily populated areas. A case study is an in-depth anal...
Interview question for Commercial Excellence Project Manager.Prepared a business case - 1 hr to prepare, 30 minutes to present in any format (flip-chart
Free interview details posted anonymously by Novo Nordisk interview ... excel round, business case study analysis, HR round - all went
Streamlined proofreading workflows, efficiency, and above all accuracy are crucial for compliance in the regulated pharma industry
What candidates say about the interview process at Novo Nordisk, Inc. 4 round interview process 1. Excel Test 2. Case Study 3. Case Study discussion and
A way into Novo Nordisk. Last year, we met more than 65% of the candidates we hired before the first interview.
Novo Nordisk interview questions and answers ✓ interview rounds and process 2023 ✓ GD topics ... Technical; HR; Aptitude Test; Case Study.
How to Become an Associate Director at Novo Nordisk ... you might be a fit for Danish pharmaceutical giant Novo Nordisk.
Novo Nordisk Aptitude Tests · Novo Numerical Reasoning Tests · Novo Verbal Reasoning Tests · Novo Case Study · Novo Personality Tests · Novo Group Exercise · Novo
31 Novo Nordisk employees rate their interview experience a B or 73/100. 85% believe the overall process was positive.
Novo Nordisk Interview Questions · Tell me about a time you lead a change in your organization. · What brings you to work here? · Tell me about a conflict you had
Biotechnology: Novo Nordisk, Regeneron, Alexion, United Therapeutics.