Templates — Cover Letter
Templates tagged Cover Letter
Show all Templates
Have you checked our knowledge base ?
Message sent! Our team will review it and reply by email.
- Skip to main content
- Skip to footer
The World's Smartest Resume Builder
Home Cover Letter Help LaTeX Cover Letter Template
8 LaTeX Cover Letter Templates That Can Get You Hired
Searching the web for LaTeX cover letter templates is a chore, but we’ve done the hard work for you. Here are 8 great LaTeX templates you can use to get the job you want.
Our experts found the best LaTeX cover letter templates available, including:
4 LaTeX templates for any cover letter
4 latex cover letter templates for academic cvs.
These are the 4 best LateX cover letter templates for all types of job applications:
1. Entry-Level LaTeX cover letter template from Overleaf
Despite its name, with Overleaf ’s Entry-Level Cover Letter Template, you can simply add an extra paragraph or a bulleted list of qualifications if you’re an experienced applicant. And here’s the template:
Get This Template
This template works no matter what your experience level is because it has:
- a well-formatted cover letter header that makes your name and contact information stand out to the hiring manager
- a splash of color with blue subheadings and a separation line at the top that make your cover letter visually appealing
- repeated contact information in the cover letter signature so the hiring manager doesn’t have to search for it when they get to the end of your cover letter
2. Overleaf’s Deedy LaTeX cover letter template
This is the Deedy Cover Letter template:
The Deedy Cover Letter template is great for any type of job you apply for because it uses:
- alternating gray and black text for your name to add some style
- an easy-to-read sans serif cover letter font
- even spacing between headers and paragraphs to create an ideal mix of white space and text
3. Long Lined LaTeX cover letter template
Here’s the Long Lined Cover Letter template:
The Long Lined cover letter template is an excellent option for your job application because it features:
- horizontal lines at the top and bottom of the page that draw the hiring manager’s eye to your qualifications in the middle
- extra-bold text for your name that differentiates your application from others
- balanced spacing in the margins and between paragraphs
4. Awesome Cover Letter template from Overleaf
Another beautiful Overleaf LaTeX cover letter is the Awesome Cover Letter template:
What makes this template so awesome is that it:
- has colorful headings that you can use to emphasize your top skills and achievements (but remember to change all the letters of the word “About” in the first header to red for consistency)
- draws the hiring manager’s eye to your contact information with resume icons
- includes a spot for the title of the position you’re applying for above the cover letter salutation , which helps the hiring manager view your qualifications in the right context
If you’re writing a cover letter to pair with your academic CV , these 4 formal LaTeX cover letter templates will work well:
1. Modern LaTeX cover letter template from Overleaf
Here’s a preview of the Modern cover letter template:
The Modern template goes well with academic applications because it:
- has simple formatting with gray, bold, and italic text clearly separating each section
- offers a unique twist by placing your name and contact information in a footer
2. Plain LaTeX cover letter template
Here’s the Plain LaTeX cover letter template:
The Plain cover letter template is perfect for pairing with academic and research CVs because it:
- uses plain cover letter formatting and a traditional serif font
- has a no-frills header that still stands out with bold text and centered alignment
- leaves plenty of room between the salutation and your typed name for your signature
3. Short Stylish LaTeX cover letter template
Here’s what the Short Stylish LaTeX cover letter template looks like:
This template is ideal for academic job applications because it:
- showcases your name in a simple yet confidently formatted header with large serif text
- offers a subtitle in the header that you can use to list your degree title
- has a “cover letter” label to differentiate your cover letter from your letters of recommendation that use similar formatting
4. Carta de Motivacion
The Carta de Motivacion template is presented in Spanish, but you can easily customize it in English (like we did below) and submit it to a hiring manager in the US:
What makes the Carta de Motivacion so great is its:
- classic serif font that’s ideal for printing
- use of italic and bold text to create a clear structure
- icons that accent your contact information
How to use LaTeX cover letter templates
We suggest you only use a LaTeX template for your cover letter if you’re submitting a hard copy of your application to your target company. Why?
Because the coding in LaTeX templates can confuse automated applicant tracking systems (ATS) that hiring managers use to sort applications.
Also, use a matching LaTeX resume template to help the hiring manager keep your application organized.
Click to rate this article
Written by Aaron Case, CPRW
Aaron Case is a Content Specialist & Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) at Resume Genius, where he loves writing resume and cover letter tips that give job... more
Cover Letter Examples for All Job Applications in 2023
February 2, 2023 | By Conrad Benz
- Cover Letter Templates
September 18, 2022 | By Pauline Delaney
Cover Letter Statistics for 2023
January 12, 2023 | By Rebecca Tay, Ph.D.
How to Write a Cover Letter for a Job
December 22, 2022 | By Ida Pettersson
Are Cover Letters Necessary in 2023?
January 11, 2023 | By Corissa Peterson
Best Cover Letter Examples of 2022 & Why They’re So Good
May 18, 2022 | By Aaron Case, CPRW
Making a ChatGPT Cover Letter: The Good, Bad, & Ugly
March 9, 2023 | By Eva Chan, CPRW
11 Best Google Docs Cover Letter Templates
March 2, 2022 | By Conrad Benz
- Resume Builder
- Resume Templates
- Resume Examples
- How to Make a Resume
- Resume Format
- Resume Summary Generator
- Resume Help
Cover Letter Tools
- Cover Letter Builder
- Cover Letter Examples
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- Cover Letter Format
- Cover Letter Help
- What Is a CV?
- How to Write a CV
- CV Templates
- CV Examples
- Thank You Note Samples & Templates
- Resignation Letter Samples
- Letter of Recommendation Templates
- Business Letter Formats
- Career Advice
- Forgot Password
- Terms & Conditions
© 2023, Sonaga Tech Limited. All rights reserved
ResumeGenius.com is owned and operated by Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern with offices in Luzern Switzerland.
Stack Exchange Network
Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow , the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.
TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. It only takes a minute to sign up.
Q&A for work
Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search.
Looking for Cover letter template
I'm looking for cover letter template which would fit with this CV , PDF here . Can anyone suggest anything similar to that (just a regular cover letter, sender's address on top right, recipients lower on the left, text follows ...).
I'm newbie to LaTeX, and somewhat short on time, otherwise would have try to compose my own. But as the situation stands, unfortunately, haven't got the time for experimenting :/
- 3 Here is a list of classes and packages dealing with letters on CTAN – Matthew Leingang Apr 11, 2011 at 14:29
2 Answers 2
The newlfm class or the scrlttr2 class (from the KOMA-Script bundle) could be an option.
EDIT: here's a simple example adapted from Matthew J. Miller's template
- 1 Do you perhaps know of a decent looking example letter in any of them? The examples given in newlfm CTAN archive are absolutely hideous. – Rook Apr 11, 2011 at 13:50
- 1 @Rook: I've added an example to my answer. – Gonzalo Medina Apr 11, 2011 at 14:20
- @GonzaloMedina What defines the parskip in this class? – azetina Dec 2, 2013 at 20:50
- 1 @GonzaloMedina can you please help me to remove those two horizontal lines at the top and bottom of the page . – royki Jul 24, 2015 at 13:03
- 2 @Altius Add \noHeadline and \noFootline to the preamble. – Gonzalo Medina Jul 24, 2015 at 13:40
In Miktex 2.9 you can choose New File > File From Template > Basic Templates > Letter.
Edit to make this clearer:
I don't know what you are using to write your Latex documents. I use a free tool called MiKTeX version 2.9 which offers some built-in templates, although you can use document classes for which there are no templates. As I mentioned it can be downloaded for free. You could search for "miktex download".
When I go to my start menu and look for Miktex 2.9, I choose Texworks. That will open an editor. Using the file menu you choose each of these choices in turn: File > New File from template > Basic Templates > Letter. This will open a file with some Latex code in it already, a template for a letter. You can change the code that is there if you want. Today I had to remove the part that makes a mailing label for the recipient because it showed at the end of my letter which I intend to post online as a cover letter. I don't need a mailing label.
I don't know about other Latex editors but you might try opening a latex document with:
if you are using a different editor that does not have templates.
- Please can you explain better with other details your solution? For example I have not understood your solution. – Sebastiano Dec 21, 2019 at 21:04
- 1 I use also MiKTeX version 2.9. but for my humble opinion doesn't answer the old question. – Sebastiano Dec 21, 2019 at 21:56
- 1 I could not include my whole comment under comments, so I edited my answer. – Catherine Dec 21, 2019 at 22:11
- 2 I strongly suspect this has nothing to do with MikTeX. I'd bet it is Texworks which provides the templates - an editor which is provided with MikTeX, but doesn't belong to it. You can install Texworks on most Linux distros using your distro's package manager. For Mac, you can probably download one of those flashy installer thingies with an .app inside. For Windows, you can download whatever Windows users use to install software. (Sorry, haven't had admin rights on a Windows machine for a very, very long time. I don't remember ever downloading an application for it!) – cfr Dec 22, 2019 at 5:36
- That may be the case; I don't know. Texworks came with my Miktex download. I'm using Windows 10. However, I think the document class letter should work with other Latex versions, then the user can modify the elements to suit their needs. As I deleted the address label and I changed the margins. – Catherine Dec 22, 2019 at 21:04
Sign up or log in, post as a guest.
Required, but never shown
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged templates letters or ask your own question .
- The Overflow Blog
- Can Stack Overflow save the day?
- Let’s talk large language models (Ep. 546)
- Featured on Meta
- We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup
- The Stack Exchange reputation system: What's working? What's not?
Hot Network Questions
- What is the source of the Four Dhamma Summaries?
- How should I say "3 2 1 go!" in German?
- What lentils did I buy?
- Worst Bell inequality violation with non-maximally entangled state?
- What's the point of issuing an arrest warrant for Putin given that the chances of him getting arrested are effectively zero?
- Star Wars ripoff from the 2010s in which a Han Solo knockoff is sent to save a princess and fight an evil overlord
- Why do we say gravity curves space but the other forces don't?
- What does a 9 A battery do to a 3 A motor when using the battery for movement?
- Ethernet speed at 2.5Gbps despite interface being 5Gbps and negotiated as such
- MacPro3,1 (2008) upgrade from El Capitan to Catalina with no success
- Is there a non trivial smooth function that has uncountably many roots?
- Unmatched records missing from spatial left join
- What people was Jesus referring to when he used the word "generation" in Luke 11:50?
- When writing log, do you indicate the base, even when 10?
- Why is my cat peeing in my rabbit's litter box?
- Why would a fighter drop fuel into a drone?
- What do we call a group of people who holds hostage for ransom?
- What is the correct definition of semisimple linear category?
- Values of counting functions
- How can I collapse three statements into one?
- First-person pronoun for things other than mathematical steps - singular or plural?
- How do unpopular policies arise in democracies?
- What are the benefits of tracking solved bugs?
- How to use the geometry proximity node as snapping tool
A cover letter is typically attached to a curriculum vitae or resume to provide a personal introduction of yourself and explanation why you believe you are suitable for the position based on your previous experiences and interests. Cover letters do not typically exceed one page and are written in a formal tone.
Stefano Cover Letter
This stylish cover letter uses the scrlttr2 class to produce a beautiful and functional cover letter. The addressee information is placed such that it is visible in a windowed envelope. A large header and footer are present to draw the attention of the reader and succintly show your information.
- View Template Information
Lined Cover Letter
This template is defined by the horizontal lines at the top and bottom of the page and space for a logo at the top of the first page. The letter content displays your address and contact information first, followed by the addressee contact information, a subject and then the letter itself.
Plain Cover Letter
This cover letter template features a classic conservative design and follows the standard LaTeX method of creating a letter document.
LaTeX Templates Information
General enquiries [email protected]
Most templates licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
LaTeX Templates is developed in New Zealand
© Creodocs Limited. All Rights Reserved.
You control your data
Choose type of cookies to accept
These cookies give you access to a customized experience of our products. Personalization cookies are also used to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our Site and third-party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements or content as well as track the content you access (including video viewing). We may also collect password information from you when you log in, as well as computer and/or connection information. During some visits, we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
These cookies are placed by third-party companies to deliver targeted content based on relevant topics that are of interest to you. And allow you to better interact with social media platforms such as Facebook.
These cookies are essential for the Site's performance and for you to be able to use its features. For example, essential cookies include: cookies dropped to provide the service, maintain your account, provide builder access, payment pages, create IDs for your documents and store your consents.
To see a detailed list of cookies, click here .
- Cover Letter
5 LaTeX Cover Letter Templates for Any Job
You write everything in LaTeX and now it’s your cover letter’s turn. Get inspired with the 5 best LaTeX cover letter templates out there.
As seen in:
It’s your lucky day. You’ve just entered a gallery of the best LaTeX cover letter templates.
Crisp, clean, all business. And all in one place.
Why sort through all the hundreds of pages that claim to have the LaTeX cover letter template you’re looking for only to find a site that is neither helpful nor clear?
Here you know that our career expert top picks will offer you the best LaTeX cover letter template for you .
So let’s dive in, shall we?
Want to write your cover letter fast? Use our cover letter builder. Choose from 20+ professional cover letter templates that match your resume. See actionable examples and get expert tips along the way.
Create your cover letter now
Sample cover letter for a resume— See more cover letter samples and create your cover letter here .
Don't miss out on exclusive stories that will supercharge your career!
Get a weekly dose of inspiration delivered to your inbox
The Perfect Resume in 8 Easy Steps: Write & Download Now
Great skills? Amazing layout? Good work history section? What’s the secret behind a *perfect* resume? You’ve come to the right place to find out.
What Does the Best Cover Letter Look Like in 2023
Not sure what a cover should look like? Confused by all the contrasting guidelines? Here’s an article that will straighten out all your queries once and for all.
5 Short Cover Letter Examples for Any Job (+ Writing Guide)
Today’s hiring process is fast and furious. Don’t waste the recruiter’s time—see our 5 short cover letter examples and learn how to make every word count.
Get Access to ALL Templates & Editors for Just $2 a month.
- Google Docs
- Apple Pages
- Illustrator (AI)
- MS Publisher
- Vectors (EPS)
- Google Sheets
- Apple Numbers
- Power Point
- Coloring Pages
- Video Online
5+ Latex Cover Letter Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download!
Plain latex cover letter sample pdf template free download.
Latex Cover Letter Example PDF Template Free Download
Latex Cover Letter PDF Format Template Free Download
Modern Latex Cover Letter Example PDF Template Free Download
Example of latex cover letter template.
Short Stylish Latex Cover Letter Sample PDF Template Free Download
What Is A Latex Cover Letter Template?
Audience of latex cover letter template.
The main audience of these latex cover letter templates are the high profile professionals such s the scientists and the engineers. They can easily get these formats from the internet that will come in the form of PDF.
How to Create These Latex Cover Letter Templates?
More in letters.
339+ FREE & Premium Cover Letter - Download NOW
Beautifully Designed, Easily Editable Templates to Get your Work Done Faster & Smarter.
Produce beautiful documents starting from our gallery of LaTeX templates for journals, conferences, theses, reports, CVs and much more.
Produce beautiful documents starting from our gallery of LaTeX templates for journals, conferences, theses, reports, CVs and much more.
2. Overleaf's Deedy LaTeX cover letter template · alternating gray and black text for your name to add some style · an easy-to-read sans serif
That will open an editor. Using the file menu you choose each of these choices in turn: File > New File from template > Basic Templates > Letter
Lined Cover Letter ... This template is defined by the horizontal lines at the top and bottom of the page and space for a logo at the top of the first page. The
❖ How to use LaTeX to make your application materials look nice. ❖ Example LaTeX files will be provided! We will cover: We will not cover:.
How to create your Cover Letter using LaTex on Overleaf 🍃Quick and Easy.In this video I will show you how to create your Cover Letter using
In this video, i will be teaching about to write an application and cover-letter in LaTeX. Two classes will be explained, i.e., letter and
Sample cover letter for a resume—See more cover letter samples and create your cover letter here. One of our users, Nikos, had this to say: [I
What Is A Latex Cover Letter Template? ... This is a template design that can be used for the purpose of making cover letters that will suit the purpose of the