40 Page-Turning Book Instagram Captions for the Book-Lover
Reading is one of the oldest past-times known to man – besides foraging for food and going to war, of course. We’ve been writing down stories and passing them around since written language developed, devouring tales of our ancestors and fictitious creatures alike. Nowadays, there’s whole stores – tons of them – dedicated just to books of all genres. Here are some page-turning book Instagram captions for the book-lover in all of us. If you are a bookstagrammer looking for reading Instagram captions…read on!
Curling up in a comfy chair with a good book sounds great for good reason. Reading is a great stress reliever, helping us relax in the middle of the day or at night as we tuck into bed. It can also increase your ability to empathize – so if you’re trying to be a little nicer this year, picking up a book might be a great step toward that.
Personally, I find both to be true. Taking an hour or two to decompress in my reading corner can turn my mood all the way around. Plus, it takes a little more brain power than scrolling on your phone – which sometimes leaves me feeling more down than before.
In the 21 st century, if you didn’t share what you did on social media, did it even happen? Whether you want to show off your cozy book nook, or join a community of book reviewers to share your latest reads, I created a list of captions so good they’ll rival your favourite book. Just kidding! But maybe they’ll at least inspire you to crack one open.
You might also like 8 Feel Good Books You Need to Read , 8 Reasons Why I Love Audiobooks or 75 Love Instagram Captions for When your Heart is Full .
Book Instagram Captions
- Bookmarks are for quitters
- Books make me a bit shelfish
- No thanks, I’d rather be reading
- My summer reading shelfie
- Books are food for the brain
- I’ve got a confession: I’m kind of a bookaholic
- Happiness is a juicy read
- I like big books and I cannot lie
- My workout is reading in bed until my arms fall off
- Reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are
- Hold on – just one more page
- When I think about books, I touch my shelf
- So many books, so little time
- This weekend is gonna be lit-erary
- Reading – What a novel idea
- Sleep is good… but books are better
- There’s no better smell than the spine of an old book
- So many books, but not enough shelf space
- DTF – Down to read fiction
- Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be
More Bookstagram Captions
- Wear the old coat, and buy a new book
- Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read
- In the end, we’ll all become stories
- If you were a book, I’d never put you down
- Books have allowed me to travel way more than my passport
- I enjoy long, romantic walks through the library
- If a book is well written, I always find it too short
- Books are the lives we don’t have time to live
- Some like to believe it’s the book that chooses the person
- I may have a book addiction, but at least I’m shelf-aware
- Wine not read a book this summer?
- Can’t this weekend – I’m all booked up
- My bookshelf has more stories than the Empire State Building
- Stay in and read? What a novel idea
- Let’s taco ’bout books
- I tried to form a gang once, but it turned into a book club
- Book at it again!
- I believe in the magic of books
- I love reading good books in cozy little nooks
- Here’s booking at you, kid
Let me know if you have any book Instagram captions to add to this list. Bookmark this post for when you are looking for bookstagram captions
Source: stockfour and KatrinKat
Welcome to xoxoBella! You will find delicious recipes, travel inspiration and information on all the things that Bella loves.
- More About Me
You Might Also Like!
80 Magical Disney Instagram Captions for Your Disney Trip
300 Love Instagram Captions for When your Heart is Full
90 Spooktacular Halloween Instagram Captions
Leave a comment.
Oh I love these captions, Thanks for sharing, I will have to use some of these in my next insta captions
Such great caption ideas Bella! Thank you for sharing
So many great captions! thanks for sharing Bella
Thank you for this! So helpful!
50 Inspiring Quotes About Books and Reading
Books are important for the mind, heart, and soul. But don't take it from us: These quotes about reading speak for themselves.
By Stefanie Hargreaves
The power to be found between the pages of a book is formidable, indeed. And these 50 inspiring quotes about books and reading are here to remind you of that. For, as author Anna Quindlen says, "Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader." – Margaret Fuller
"A word after a word after a word is power." – Margaret Atwood
"One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time." – Carl Sagan
"Show me a family of readers, and I will show you the people who move the world." – Napoleon Bonaparte
"A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors." – Charles Baudelaire
"When I look back, I am so impressed again with the life-giving power of literature. If I were a young person today, trying to gain a sense of myself in the world, I would do that again by reading, just as I did when I was young." – Maya Angelou
"Reading should not be presented to children as a chore, a duty. It should be offered as a gift." – Kate DiCamillo
"I think books are like people, in the sense that they’ll turn up in your life when you most need them." – Emma Thompson
"It wasn't until I started reading and found books they wouldn't let us read in school that I discovered you could be insane and happy and have a good life without being like everybody else." – John Waters
"Books are a uniquely portable magic." – Stephen King
"Books are mirrors: You only see in them what you already have inside you." – Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Think before you speak. Read before you think. – Fran Lebowitz
"Let’s be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." – Lena Dunham
"If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book." – J.K. Rowling
"I can feel infinitely alive curled up on the sofa reading a book." – Benedict Cumberbatch
"Some books leave us free and some books make us free." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Writing and reading decrease our sense of isolation. They deepen and widen and expand our sense of life: They feed the soul. When writers make us shake our heads with the exactness of their prose and their truths, and even make us laugh about ourselves or life, our buoyancy is restored. We are given a shot at dancing with, or at least clapping along with, the absurdity of life, instead of being squashed by it over and over again. It's like singing on a boat during a terrible storm at sea. You can't stop the raging storm, but singing can change the hearts and spirits of the people who are together on that ship." – Anne Lamott
"We tell ourselves stories in order to live." – Joan Didion
"Books and doors are the same thing. You open them, and you go through into another world." – Jeanette Winterson
"A good would take me out of myself and then stuff me back in, outsized, now, and uneasy with the fit." – David Sedaris
"Books are, let's face it, better than everything else. If we played Cultural Fantasy Boxing League, and made books go fifteen rounds in the ring against the best that any other art form had to offer, then books would win pretty much every time." – Nick Hornby
We read to know we are not alone. – C.S. Lewis
"As you read a book word by word and page by page, you participate in its creation, just as a cellist playing a Bach suite participates, note by note, in the creation, the coming-to-be, the existence, of the music. And, as you read and re-read, the book of course participates in the creation of you, your thoughts and feelings, the size and temper of your soul." – Ursula K. Le Guin
"It is really hard to be lonely very long in a world of words. Even if you don't have friends somewhere, you still have language, and it will find you and wrap its little syllables around you and suddenly there will be a story to live in." – Naomi Shihab Nye
"Read a lot. Expect something big, something exalting or deepening from a book. No book is worth reading that isn't worth re-reading." – Susan Sontag
"Have books ‘happened’ to you? Unless your answer to that question is ‘yes,’ I’m unsure how to talk to you." – Haruki Murakami
"A story can always break into pieces while it sits inside a book on a shelf; and, decades after we have read it even twenty times, it can open us up, by cut or caress, to a new truth." – Andre Dubus
"Once you learn to read, you will be forever free." – Frederick Douglass
"Literature is the safe and traditional vehicle through which we learn about the world and pass on values from one generation to the next. Books save lives." – Laurie Anderson
"Reading fiction is important. It is a vital means of imagining a life other than our own, which in turn makes us more empathetic beings. Following complex story lines stretches our brains beyond the 140 characters of sound-bite thinking, and staying within the world of a novel gives us the ability to be quiet and alone, two skills that are disappearing faster than the polar icecaps." – Ann Patchett
"Both reading and writing are experiences – lifelong – in the course of which we who encounter words used in certain ways are persuaded by them to be brought mind and heart within the presence, the power, of the imagination." – Eudora Welty
A room without books is like a body without a soul. – Cicero
"The reading of all good books is like a conversation with the finest minds of past centuries." – Rene Descartes
"That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet." – Jhumpa Lahiri
"I love the way that each book — any book — is its own journey. You open it, and off you go…" – Sharon Creech
"Reading is an exercise in empathy; an exercise in walking in someone else’s shoes for a while." – Malorie Blackman
"Reading is a form of prayer, a guided meditation that briefly makes us believe we’re someone else, disrupting the delusion that we’re permanent and at the center of the universe. Suddenly (we’re saved!) other people are real again, and we’re fond of them." – George Saunders
"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." – William Styron
"I guess a big part of serious fiction’s purpose is to give the reader, who like all of us is sort of marooned in her own skull, to give her imaginative access to other selves." – David Foster Wallace
"Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real." – Nora Ephron
"Reading makes immigrants of us all. It takes us away from home, but more important, it finds homes for us everywhere." – Jean Rhys
"Salvation is certainly among the reasons I read. Reading and writing have always pulled me out of the darkest experiences in my life. Stories have given me a place in which to lose myself. They have allowed me to remember. They have allowed me to forget. They have allowed me to imagine different endings and better possible worlds." – Roxane Gay
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive." – James Baldwin
"Reading is important. If you know how to read, then the whole world opens up to you." – Barack Obama
"That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you’re not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong." – F. Scott Fitzgerald
"We don’t need a list of rights and wrongs, tables of dos and don’ts: We need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever." – Philip Pullman
"Books may well be the only true magic." – Alice Hoffman
Share with your friends
Related articles, celadon delivered.
Subscribe to get articles about writing, adding to your TBR pile, and simply content we feel is worth sharing. And yes, also sign up to be the first to hear about giveaways, our acquisitions, and exclusives!
" * " indicates required fields
Sign up for our newsletter to see book giveaways, news, and more.
100 EPIC Book Captions for Instagram
Disclosure : This post contains affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
Are you a book lover who wants to show the world how much you love reading? Then you might be wanting to share some of your favorite book covers, reading pics, or book reels on Instagram.
But don’t just wow your audience with a snazzy picture or video, accompany your beautiful creation with some insightful captions about reading.
We love reading book Instagram captions, which is why we have put together a list of 100 of them.
From funny jokes to iconic book quotes, to unique book captions for readers that you won’t see anywhere else – these captions will be sure to captivate your audience.
We can all lack some inspiration sometimes, or can’t quite think how to phrase what we want to say. But don’t worry, because we’ve got the ultimate list of 100 Instagram captions for book lovers below!
Why Use Books Captions?
When it comes to captivating your audience, a good caption that tells your audience more about the picture or video is a great way to boost engagement and keep your followers, well, following.
Using quotes on social media is not only a great way to express your thoughts, feelings, and beliefs, but they also give your followers a little bit of your personality.
According to an article by Social Media Today , quotes can help your audience relate to your brand and to you.
We can all agree that well-crafted captions about books are memorable and sometimes even thought-provoking.
As such, they open up conversations between you and your followers, as well as make your content stand out amongst the abundance of posts found on social media.
If your goal is to grow your social media following, then adding a book quote about reading to your caption could increase your chance of the post being shared .
Even if we’re not all trying to be Bookstagrammers, there can be no doubt that sharing a book caption can open up a conversation about books you’ve read and start a discussion about your favorite authors.
Unique Book Captions for Instagram
If you want to dazzle your followers with something unique and never seen before, then consider using one of our own reading captions for Instagram (yes, I can be creative too!)
- Curling up with a good book and a hot cup of tea is one of life’s little pleasures #booklovers – by Epic Book Society
- Hit me with your best books! I’m always looking for new reads #booksarelife – by Epic Book Society
- Reading expands the mind, broadens the horizons, and opens up the world to new possibilities – by Epic Book Society
- What’s better than being lost in a good book? #nothingbetter – by Epic Book Society
- Books are like friends – you can never have too many! #bookhoarder – by Epic Book Society
- A library is a treasure trove of knowledge waiting to be discovered! #discoverknowledge – by Epic Book Society
- New books, old books, any books…I’ll take them all! #bookaddict – by Epic Book Society
- Don’t judge a book by its cover – dive into it to discover hidden gems! #readmorebooks – by Epic Book Society
- Come join me on my journey through an amazing world of books! #readingjourney – by Epic Book Society
- Don’t just read the words – explore the possibilities that they bring! #explorethroughwords – by Epic Book Society
- Fuel your curiosity by reading more books! 📚 #bookworm – by Epic Book Society
- With each page turned, a new journey begins – enjoy the adventure! ☺️#booklovers – by Epic Book Society
- There’s a reason I get lost in books, the real world sucks! #Bookaholic – by Epic Book Society
- Make free time fun again by exploring the hidden gems inside of your favorite book – get creative and let the stories inspire you! 😊#storytime – by Epic Book Society
- I love my boyfriend, but sometimes I wish my book boyfriend was real! #SorryNotSorry – by Epic Book Society
Funny Book Captions for Instagram
We all love a funny book! So let’s tell our social media followers this with a funny caption for book lovers!
- Why did the girl keep buying so many books? Because she had no shelf control!
- Knock Knock! Who’s there? Read Ann. Read Ann who? Read Ann-y good books lately?
- Do you ever feel like you’ve spent too much time reading lately? Yeah, me neither.
- I’m not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter.
- There are but twenty-six letters in the English alphabet, yet I must have read a quadrillion words.
- I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
- Books or brains? How about both!
- Never read Fitzgerald? You Gatsby kidding me!
- Dystopian novels are so 1984.
- It’s books and booze night. I should I say, Tequila Mockingbird.
- When I think about books, I touch my shelf.
- A house without books is like a room without windows. Dark and boring.
Book Reading Captions for Instagram
If you’re looking for a caption for a book reading pic, then these are the best reading book captions for Instagram.
- Stay true to your shelf.
- Bookworms take shelfies.
- If anyone needs me, I’ll be reading. Please don’t need me.
- I was the kid who got in trouble for reading past her bedtime and for reading when the teacher was talking.
- Keep reading. It’s one of the most marvelous adventures anyone can have.
- Reading is dreaming with eyes open.
- So many books, so little time.
- Let’s get lost in a world made of books, coffee, and rainy days.
- I can go and be happy now.
- Wherever I am, as long as I have a book with me, I know I am home.
Reading Book Quotes for Instagram
Is your new Insta pic of you reading a book? Then you’ll want to use one of these book reading quotes for Instagram to go with it!
- “I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” – Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- “Books were my pass to personal freedom.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus
- “Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination and the journey. They are home.” – How Reading Changed My Life by Anna Quindlen
- “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” – On Writing by Stephen King
- “In the end, we’ll all become stories.” – Moral Disorder and Other Stories by Margaret Atwood
- “Sleep is good, he said, and books are better.” – George R.R. Martin
- “That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.” – The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- “Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.” – Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Novel by Jane Smiley
- “The library is inhabited by spirits that come out of the pages at night.” – Isabel Allende
Caption for New Book Reading Pic
Are you reading a new book and you want to show it off? Then use one of these captions underneath your book pic on Instagram and tell the world!
- My weekend is fully booked.
- I like big books and I cannot lie.
- This weekend is going to be LITerary.
- Prose before hoes.
- Treat yo shelves.
- I bought a new book again, I have no shelf control.
- I live for books.
- A new book is like a gift you get to receive over and over again.
- My workout is reading until my arms fall off.
- The most comfortable place for a tired mind is in the lap of a book.
- I bought a new book today, so… see you in a week.
Girl Reading Captions for Instagram
Are you a girl searching for a caption for a booking reading pic? Then you’ll want to use one of these captions for a book reading pic.
- Nothing fuels the imagination better than a fairytale
- There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.
- A good book has no ending.
- There is no friend as loyal as a book.
- She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.
- I live in fantasies, and I’m okay with that.
- I’ve got a confession: I’m kind of a bookaholic.
- I’m all booked up this weekend, sorry.
- Don’t you love it when you find a book you can’t put down?
- Don’t mind me, I’m just busy getting lost… in a book.
Book Lover Quotes for Instagram
If you’re a book lover and you want to prove to the world how much you love books, then there’s no better way to do that than by quoting one of your favourite books on Instagram!
If you need more inspiration on book quotes, then you might find these Our Chemical Hearts quotes moving and enlightening.
These are some of the most inspiring book quote captions for Instagram Captions.
- “If it is right, it happens—the main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away.” – John Steinbeck
- “In love there are two things—bodies and words.” Joyce Carol Oates
- “We love the things we love for what they are.” Robert Frost
- “It doesn’t matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you.” – The Witches by Roald Dahl
- “The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.” – The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- “You don’t have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.” – Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- “Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.” – The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” – C.S. Lewis
- “I love the smell of book ink in the morning.” – Umberto Eco
- “Words were different when they lived inside of you.” – Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Short Books Captions for Instagram
Some of us don’t have all day to read a caption, so if you’re looking for short book quotes for Instagram, check out these simple book lover quotes.
- Bookmarks are for quitters.
- Books are food for the brain.
- Hold on – just one more page.
- DTF – Down to read fiction.
- You’ll find me in the library.
- In the end, we’ll all become stories.
- Stay in and read? What a novel idea.
- Happiness is a juicy read.
- A book is a gift you can open again and again.
- I believe in the magic of books.
- I’m all booked up this weekend.
- If you need me, I’ll be over here reading.
Aesthetic Book Captions
Did you buy a pretty book and want to show off the spangly cover? Then you love these aesthetic book captions for Instagram.
- That’s a fine-looking book, mind if I check you out?
- You have fine written all over you.
- Never judge a book by its cover…but dangggg
- Some believe the person chooses the book, but this book chose me.
- The only item in my make up bag is this book.
- How rare it is to find a book as beautiful as you.
- There’s a reason books don’t wear heels, they’d be too pretty.
- All I need is sun, sleep, and a pretty book.
- Who needs a man when a book can look this good?
- This book cover is LIT.
Like this post? Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
Final Words on Book Captions for Instagram
So there you have it, our top 100 book captions for Instagram! Whether you’re looking for a meaningful quote from an acclaimed author or you just want something short and snappy, we hope you managed to find a quote that speaks to you.
Our personal favorites are the funny book captions for Instagram. They’ll have your followers howling!
If you can think of any more captions that are not on our list, let us know in the comments!
Disclaimer: This website uses affiliate links, meaning I may earn a commission if you make a purchase through a link at no extra cost to you.
Last Updated on March 4, 2023 by Louisa
Editor/Founder - Epic Book Society
Louisa is the founder, editor, and head honcho of Epic Book Society. Once a published poet at the age of 7, she aspired to become a journalist, but that career hit a wall so here she is writing about books instead. When she's not writing about books, she's teaching English to primary school kids around the world.
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed .
Follow our socials:
Join the Society!
We know that sometimes you can get overloaded with emails. This is why we decided not to bother with a newsletter, but instead created a place where book lovers can come together and share recommendations and ideas with each other. There will be no spam from us, that's a promise , it's just a place where you can connect with other bookworms and share your love of literature. Click the button below to join our exclusive Facebook group.
This website uses affiliate links, meaning I may earn a small commission through purchases made through this site at no extra cost to you. Epic Book Society is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and Book Depository Affiliate Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
© 2023 Epic Book Society • Built with GeneratePress
45 Captions For Summer Reading & Being Booked Up All Season
Growing up, you couldn’t wait to make a dent in your summer reading for school. It was a fun challenge to check off every book, and now, you're in charge of your own reading list. Showcase your choices by posting some pics paired with these Instagram captions for summer reading . By sharing a cute reading selfie or artsy snap of your book and iced matcha, you may even inspire your friends to join you on your very own summer reading adventure.
After all, the first thing you want to do after reading a good book is spill the tea with someone else who has read it. By posting what you’re reading, you’re inviting a conversation to happen. Start a book exchange within your crew. Let your friends know that you're willing to trade whatever you're reading for something off of their shelf. That way, a cute selfie of you hanging out in the backyard and reading will not only get you a ton of likes on the 'Gram, but also more books on your summer reading list.
Plan a day of lounging on your favorite pool float or make a super cozy reading nook inside, and dive headfirst into some books. Since you'll be lost in the stories, use these 45 summer reading captions to make posting easier.
1. "Breakfast nook for one."
2. "Happiness is a juicy read."
3. "The best is when you find a book you can't put down."
4. "Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be."
5. "Books have allowed me to travel way more than my passport."
6. "Everyone is a reader. Some just haven't found their favorite book yet."
7. "I like to travel in the summer, which is why I read."
8. "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." — Dr. Seuss
9. "All I need is a good book and a glass of lemonade."
10. "My summer reading shelfie."
11. "I got lost this summer in a bunch of books."
12. "If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." — Marcus Tullius Cicero
13. "Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are." — Mason Cooley
14. "Reading is my favorite summertime activity."
15. "Start every summer morning with a good book and a cup of coffee."
16. "Reading is fun-damental."
17. "What a novel idea to read in the summertime."
18. "Summers are always my favorite chapters."
19. "Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August." — Jenny Han, The Summer I Turned Pretty
20. "I decided to treat my shelf this summer."
21. "My summer weekends are all booked up."
22. "I like traveling in the summertime... to the library and bookstore."
23. "I like big books and I cannot lie."
24. "Let's taco 'bout books and my lunch."
25. "Reading while sunbathing makes me well red."
26. "Sorry I'm being a little shelf-ish this summer."
27. "This weekend is gonna be lit-erary."
28. "Enjoying some palm reading in this hammock."
29. "I'd rather bee reading this summer."
30. "The only club I'm going to this summer is my book club."
31. "Reading vibes only."
32. "Reading... a vacation for the mind." — David Barry
33. "Summer is for reading good books in cozy little nooks."
34. "With a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book." — Beauty and the Beast
35. "Bookmarks are for quitters."
36. "Felt cute. Might read more books this summer."
37. "About to dive right into this book."
38. "Reading makes me a happy camper."
39. "My favorite summer romance is the one found within a book."
40. "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." — St. Augustine
41. "Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere." — Mary Schmich
42. "Wine not read a book this summer?"
43. "Here’s to books, the cheapest vacation you can buy." — Charlaine Harris
44. "A library is full of new worlds to travel to."
45. "I'm that kid who read everything on the summer reading list."
36 of the Best Book Lover Quotes for Readers
I have no idea what I’d do with myself if there were no books to read – they’re an essential part of work and play for me, and without them, I’d probably be a very different person.
Still, when people ask why I love books or reading, or why I brighten up every time I spy a bookstore or library, I can’t always find the right words to express myself. Thankfully, several people have already done it for me.
This is a list of 36 book lover quotes that sum up all the mushy gushy feelings within me about books and reading – and hopefully they resonate with you too!
The Best Book Lover Quotes
“A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read.” ―Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
“Books were safer than other people anyway.” ―Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the End of the Lane
“Reality doesn’t always give us the life that we desire, but we can always find what we desire between the pages of books.” ―Adelise M. Cullens
“Maybe this is why we read, and why in moments of darkness we return to books: to find words for what we already know.” ―Alberto Manguel, A Reading Diary
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” ―Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
“You can get lost in any library, no matter the size. But the more lost you are, the more things you’ll find.” ―Millie Florence, Lydia Green Of Mulberry Glen
“Reading is an act of civilization; it’s one of the greatest acts of civilization because it takes the free raw material of the mind and builds castles of possibilities.” ―Ben Okri
“I love the sound of the pages flicking against my fingers. Print against fingerprints. Books make people quiet, yet they are so loud.” ―Nnedi Okorafor
“Books are a uniquely portable magic.” ―Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
“That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.” ―Jhumpa Lahiri, The Namesake
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.” ―Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
“The whole world opened to me when I learned to read.” ―Mary McLeod Bethune
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.” ―George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
“Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries.” ―Anne Herbert
“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.” ―Jorge Luis Borges
“I believe there is power in words, power in asserting our existence, our experience, our lives, through words.” ―Jesmyn Ward, The Fire this Time
“Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.” ―Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
“I read a book one day and my whole life was changed.” ―Orhan Pamuk, The New Life
“No. I can survive well enough on my own — if given the proper reading material.” ―Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass
“Once I began to read, I began to exist. I am what I read.” ―Walter Dean Myers, Open a World of Possible
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.” ―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard
“Books don’t offer real escape, but they can stop a mind scratching itself raw.” ―David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
“I love the solitude of reading. I love the deep dive into someone else’s story, the delicious ache of a last page.” ―Naomi Shihab Nye
“Reading is an active, imaginative act; it takes work.” ―Khaled Hosseini
“It is well known that reading quickens the growth of a heart like nothing else.” ―Catherynne M. Valente, The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
“A well-read woman is a dangerous creature.” ―Lisa Kleypas, A Wallflower Christmas
“The problem with books is that they end.” ―Caroline Kepnes, You
“When I look back, I am so impressed again with the life-giving power of literature.” ―Maya Angelou
“In principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.” ―Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine
“I am an omnivorous reader with a strangely retentive memory for trifles.” ―Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Sherlock Holmes
“When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” ―Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
“The ability to read awoke inside of me some long dormant craving to be mentally alive.” ―Malcolm X, The Autobiography of Malcolm X
“You see, unlike in the movies, there is no THE END sign flashing at the end of books. When I’ve read a book, I don’t feel like I’ve finished anything. So I start a new one.” ―Elif Shafak, The Bastard of Istanbul
“Read. Read. Read. Just don’t read one type of book. Read different books by various authors so that you develop different style.” ―R.L. Stine
“In the end, we’ll all become stories.” ―Margaret Atwood, Moral Disorder and Other Stories
“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.” ―Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
Want more book lover quotes? Find the best quotes about books here , or our favorite quotes about reading !
You Might Also Like
- Reading Challenge
- Kindle Notes & Highlights
- Favorite genres
- Friends’ recommendations
- Account settings
Browse By Tag
- Love Quotes 91k
- Life Quotes 71k
- Inspirational Quotes 68k
- Humor Quotes 41.5k
- Philosophy Quotes 27.5k
- God Quotes 25k
- Inspirational Quotes Quotes 24.5k
- Truth Quotes 22.5k
- Wisdom Quotes 22k
- Poetry Quotes 20.5k
- Romance Quotes 20.5k
- Death Quotes 18.5k
- Happiness Quotes 18k
- Hope Quotes 17k
- Faith Quotes 17k
- Inspiration Quotes 15.5k
- Quotes Quotes 15k
- Life Lessons Quotes 15k
- Writing Quotes 14k
- Motivational Quotes 14k
- Religion Quotes 14k
- Spirituality Quotes 13.5k
- Relationships Quotes 13.5k
- Success Quotes 12.5k
- Life Quotes Quotes 12k
- Love Quotes Quotes 12k
- Time Quotes 12k
- Knowledge Quotes 11k
- Science Quotes 11k
- Motivation Quotes 10.5k
Welcome back. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account.
100 Book Quotes & Instagram Captions 
The best of Instagram captions are a great addition to any photo. Whether you have a new product launch or have created a marketing ad on Instagram, you want it to stand out and grab attention. Captions make your post interactive and encourage your followers to comment on the image. We have a list of incredible free book Instagram captions that you can use to drive more attention and sales!
Instagram has over 1 billion active monthly users, and brands are quickly recognizing the need to have a presence on Instagram.
In this article, we've provided you with 100 Instagram caption ideas for Book Instagram Captions. Additionally, we walk you through the 5 easy-to-follow tips on how to create a great Instagram caption.
Here they are:
Best Book Instagram Captions
- Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey.
- What’s your bookworm sign?
- A book is proof that humans are capable of working magic.
- A book is a dream you hold in your hand.
- Happiness is a cup of tea and a good book.
- Some books are for reading, and others are for opening.
- Dear Dream, I’m ready.
- I want to be like a sunflower so even on the darkest days I will stand tall and find the light.
- Are you a book lover? Read through these inspiring Instagram captions for book lovers.
- Doubling up on my reading today - books 📖 and captions.
- Books are a uniquely portable magic.
- I love books and I drink coffee. And that's it.
- A book is a dream that you hold in your hand.
- Do more of what makes you happy. ☀☀☀
- Libraries were full of ideas—perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.
- You can’t buy happiness but you can buy novels and that is kind of the same thing. . . . . . 😊📚
- Just be honest and true—and then you can't help but to write interesting and real fiction
- The only way to read the last page is to turn the first one.
- Rereads are the best reads.
- It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness 💡
- Now, the story you have been waiting for has all come to light.
- One of the most influential leaders of our time.
- In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.
- I’m more well-read on Instagram than anywhere else.
- Yes, I could have a million friends, or I could have the books.
Creative Book Instagram Captions
- Reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are.
- Read between the lines.
- Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.
- saved you a seat
- Read. Learn. Experience. Repeat.
- The more you read, the more things you know.
- You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
- When you are a book lover and ready to read the books.
- Never underestimate the power of books.
- What's that? It's Library day today? I'm soooo there.
- The best place to find new books is on the shelf of an old one.
- There is no friend as loyal as a book.
- I would recommend it to anyone who loves a good book with twists and turns.
- Can’t talk right now, Mom. I’m in the middle of a good book
- My weekend is all booked.
- Let’s be friends, let’s talk books, let’s connect.
- Their eyes met across a crowded library.
- I put my author photo in a red forest because the green was making me look like a giant avocado 🍅
- I don’t always read, but when I do, I prefer to get lost in a good book.
- So many books, so little time.
- A vacation for the eyes
- I'm trying to read more since I heard reading will keep you young. So far it's working
- I’ve never met a book I didn’t like, or at least appreciate for its purpose 📚💕
- i'll never be too old for books or the beach.
- I’m book-marking this weekend for a quiet retreat.
Unique Book Instagram Captions
- Books are the ultimate friend with benefits, they've been there for us since we were kids 📚
- Books offer a window into other worlds, other lives and other possibilities.
- Books are the ultimate wingman.
- Book a complete surprise experience for your friend? We’ve got you covered.
- What should I read next?
- Adventure lies in wait for those who open the door and show up for life.
- You’re stronger than you think, wiser than you know, and more loved than you could ever imagine.
- The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any. ― Alice Walker
- What’s your favorite book?
- Turning pages, turning corners.
- Reading gives you super human powers.
- The suspense is killing me.
- And so the story goes...
- I can’t improve the past but I can make today better than yesterday
- Books are a bulkier way to carry around just one great memory.
- Books do not just change your mood, but they also change your perspective in life.
- Bibliophile: A person who could use a library intervention
- If you don't like to read, you haven't found the right book.
- Don't get it twisted.
- I am still just learning how to read people
- Fall in love with the world, because it is beautiful.
- You could learn something from the world's greatest storytellers
- The best thing about a library card is that it lets you borrow books 👍
- Why stress when you can read the book and get the info 📖😴
- I have read many books but i have lots more to go to reach my goal.
Cool Book Instagram Captions
- Book lovers never go to bed alone.
- I love books. They're my friends and I can always find one who's exactly the right friend for whatever mood I'm in.
- Books are like people, some you love, some you don't.
- Let’s stay home and read some books
- Do you want to build a snowman? No; I want to finish reading this book.
- Never read in the dark? We can help.
- I know what I want, and I want to finish this book.
- If you start from the beginning, I promise it won’t drag on for 900 pages.
- You look like I need a drink.
- Read aloud to each other in bed
- Be savage, not average.
- Read a book, not because it is assigned to you, but because you want to.
- If you need me, I'll be in my room, reading a book.
- You are the hero of your own story.
- Books are the best way to escape reality. Pick up a book, you’re in for a treat!
- Reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are 📚
- “Plus, books don't yell at me. They just sit there and let me read them over and over.”
- I have so many books, I don’t even remember what I have. I just know that I have a lot of books.
- What's everyone reading right now?
- “When in doubt, go to the library.” - Hermione Granger
- What the world needs now is another great book.
- The books that made me whole
- Whether you’re on the beach, in your bed or wherever you are, there is no better place to read a book
- Let’s get lost in a book.
Learn more about starting an used book store :
Where to start?
-> How much does it cost to start an used book store ? -> Pros and cons of an used book store
-> Other used book store success stories -> Examples of established used book store
5 Tips For Creating A Great Instagram Caption
1. write several drafts first.
Make at least three different Instagram caption drafts.
This will allow you to edit, proofread, and compare your captions side by side to see which one has the most effect.
Your first draft will almost never be selected as the best option, which is why you should set aside enough time to write several.
2. Front-load the most important information
The 2,200-characters limit for Instagram captions is mostly a formality. However, it's worth noting that ig captions are cut off in users’ feeds to around 140 characters.
This doesn't mean you must make your insta captions extremely short so people can see everything without clicking "more."
Instead, frontload your captions with the most important sentence or calls-to-action, and save any @mentions, hashtags, or other unimportant information for the end.
3. Include a strong call to action
The most effective way to maximize the possibility for your Instagram post to get shared and improve engagement is to include a call to action in the captions.
Instead of passively scrolling through, you should use action verbs to encourage people to take action.
Here are some exåmples:
- Visit the link in bio to learn more
- Share your experience in the comments
- Enter by liking this photo and signing up for our monthly newsletter
4. Limit yourself to 3-4 hashtags
A hashtag on Instagram works the same way it does on Twitter and Facebook: it unites the conversations of many users into a single stream.
Anyone who searches for that hashtag on Instagram may see your Insta post if your account is public.
However, you should use hashtags sparingly. As a means to get more followers, some Instagram users add a string of searchable hashtags.
Too many hashtags can come off spammy to your existing followers. Limit yourself to three or four hashtags at most.
5. Use emojis and have fun with them.
Add some emojis to spice up your insta captions and make them more appealing.
Emojis added at the end of sentences or paragraphs may act as "bookends," visually breaking up long strings of text.
You can also use emojis to encourage readers to take action, such as clicking the link in the bio.
If you're going to use emojis, make sure they match your tone of voice and identity. You don't want to use too many emojis at once, particularly in the same caption.
Good Instagram captions take your content to new heights.
Remember not to rush your copywriting and to evaluate the success of your efforts so that you can use objective benchmarks to figure out what works.
Your content will go far if you combine a beautiful photo with a great Instagram caption.
- 42 Trending Used Book Store Businesses  1 of 4
- 24 Pros & Cons Of Starting An Used Book Store (2023) 2 of 4
- 5 Used Book Store Success Stories  3 of 4
- How Much Does It Cost To Start An Used Book Store ? (In 2023) 4 of 4
Hey! 👋 I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
Get our 5-minute email newsletter packed with business ideas and money-making opportunities, backed by real-life case studies.
I'm Pat Walls and I created Starter Story - a website dedicated to helping people start businesses. We interview entrepreneurs from around the world about how they started and grew their businesses.
"How do you know when you have the 'right' business idea? What does that look like?"
What if you could see exactly how successful founders figured this out?
That’s why we built Starter Story - the only place where 4,418 founders of successful businesses share with you their exact timeline of building their business to thousands of customers.
You’ll learn how thousands of ordinary people (just like you) built businesses to millions in revenue - all starting from a simple idea or side project.
At Starter Story, we search the internet for the doers (the people who act rather than merely talk).
These hard-to-reach, low-key, founders are in the trenches building real businesses right now.
And we get the lowdown on the most essential, hard-hitting parts of building their business:
(1) How exactly did you find this opportunity? (2) What were the exact steps to build it? To launch it? (3) How did you get to 10, 100, and 1,000 customers? (4) How much money are you making?
^ Yes, we asked thousands of founders these questions. And we are asking more every day.
You might get too inspired when you actually see the answers behind thousands of successful, ordinary entrepreneurs.
You'll realize there is no “magic formula” , that building a successful business is actually quite straightforward.
(You’ll realize that you can do it, too.)
We collect and analyze the data from every case study and give you that data.
Industries, markets, and trends - you’ll get access to the world’s biggest, living, breathing database of 8,627 business ideas, side projects, and products to sell .
When you join us, you’ll get access to over $1,000,000 in software savings - we’ve exclusively negotiated discounts on 240+ tools that are proven to grow your business.
Based on data points from our 4,418 case studies, you'll find the 201 most effective ways that founders are growing their business right now.
Uncover the growth strategies that founders are actually using.
Our team of 15+ are working every day to find more entrepreneurs, uncover their secrets, and put them in front of you.
Right now, we have 4,418 case studies you can read, and we add new case studies every single morning.
Every day, you’ll find new, interesting businesses that are taking off right now.
Our goal is to show you that building the business of your dreams is not only possible, but it’s quite straightforward once you see how others have done it.
We have seen countless Starter Story readers join us, get inspired, and change their lives through the businesses they’ve built.
After interviewing 4,418 founders, here’s my biggest takeaway:
Building a business is simple , but it’s not easy .
There are many bumps in the road that require many decisions,
But, founders do not fail because they make the wrong decisions, they fail because they don’t make a decision at all .
At Starter Story, our goal is to help you make these decisions by giving you the information and answers you need - from 4,418 successful founders that already went through it firsthand.
At less than $3/week, Starter Story is a no-brainer investment in your business.
Leave your email below to get started!
On a budget? Get 52 business ideas you can start for under $1,000
Join our free newsletter to get unlimited access to all startup data including startup costs.
Join our free newsletter to get unlimited access to all startup data. We just need your email:
Join our free newsletter to get access now. We just need your email:
Great books are timeless, web browsers are not. It looks like your browser is out of date. We do our best to support a wide variety of browsers and devices, but BookBub works best in a modern browser. For help upgrading, check out https://browsehappy.com/ .
BookBub offers a great personalized experience. Unfortunately, your browser doesn't accept cookies, which limits how good an experience we can provide. For more info on how to enable cookies, check out http://www.whatarecookies.com/ .
- For the Press
- Terms of Service
- Your Privacy Choices
- What Is BookBub?
- Free Ebooks
- Free Kindle Books
- The BookBub Blog
- Invite Your Friends
- All Authors
Publishers & Authors
- Partners Overview
- Submit New Deal
- Partner Dashboard
- Claim an Author Profile
- BookBub Partners Blog
- Partner FAQ
Popular Blog Posts
- 62 of the Best Book Series of All Time
- Find a Book from a Vague Description
- Top Fantasy Worlds in Literature
- Malcolm Gladwell's Best Books
- Books to Make You Smarter
- Book Club Kit: 'Lilac Girls'
© 2023 BookBub. All rights reserved.
Book Instagram Captions · Books make me a bit shelfish · No thanks, I'd rather be reading · My summer reading shelfie · Books are food for the brain
The power to be found between the pages of a book is formidable, indeed. And these 50 inspiring quotes about books and reading are here to remind you of
Book Reading Captions for Instagram · Stay true to your shelf. · Bookworms take shelfies. · If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. · I was the kid who
45 Captions For Summer Reading & Being Booked Up All Season · 1. "Breakfast nook for one." · 2. "Happiness is a juicy read." · 3. "The best is when
The Best Book Lover Quotes · “The more that you read, the more things you will know. · “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” · “A reader lives a
14 Instagram Captions Pulled Straight From Our Favorite Books ... “You don't understand the unbearable beauty of being you.” ... “Once, I dared to dare greatly.”
1. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. · 2. “Reading brings us unknown friends.” — Honoré de Balzac · 3. "There is more
“So many books, so little time.” ... “A room without books is like a body without a soul.” ... “The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good
Best Book Instagram Captions · Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. · What's your bookworm sign? · A book is proof that humans are
From opening sentences to famous strings of dialogue, these are the 100 most famous book quotes that have stuck with us long after the last